Aaron X Reader: Congratulations

Not requested. Just for fun because I've been listening to the song on a loop for days! But a warning, it's a little sad :3

The song Congratulations does not belong to me. I belongs to whoever wrote Hamilton.

(Y/N)'s POV

I got out of the taxi that had driven me from the airport and stomped up to my little sister's house. Her husband had cheated on her. I walked onto the porch and kicked the door open to see her husband sitting in the living room, curled up into a ball on the couch.

"Aaron?" I asked quietly.

He untucked himself. When he saw who I was he stood up.

"(Y/N)?"

"Aaron... Congratulations." I said.

He looked confused.

"You have invented a new kind of stupid. A 'damage you can never undo' kind of stupid. An 'open all the cages in the zoo' kind of stupid. Truly you didn't think this through kind of stupid. let's review: You took a rumor a few, maybe two people knew and refuted by sharing an affair of which no one had accused you. I begged you to take a break. You refused to. So afraid of what your enemies will do to, you're the only enemy you ever seem to lose to! You want to know why Jefferson can do what he wants? He doesn't dignify schoolyard taunts with a response!" I began singing.

Aaron looked hurt.

"So yeah, congratulations."

"(Y/N)..."

"You've redefined your legacy. Congratulations."

"It was an act of personal sacrifice!"

"Sacrifice?.... I languished in a loveless marriage in London and lived only to read your letters, I look at you now and I think 'God, what have we done and where does it get us?' That doesn't wipe the tears or the years away, but I'm back in the city and I'm here to stay. You know what I'm here to do..." I said and stepped closer to him.

He put a hand on my cheek and looked at me with soft eyes. 

"(Y/N)..." He said softly.

I hit his hand away and slapped him.

"I'm not here for you!" I yelled at him and turned away.

I had loved him since high school. But so had Aphmau.

"I know my sister like I know my own mind! You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind! And a million years ago she said to me, 'this one's mine'. So I stood by. Do you know why?!"

I got close to him again and stuck my finger in his face.

"I LOVE MY SISTER MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS LIFE! I WILL CHOOSE HER HAPPINESS OVER MINE EVERY TIME! APHMAU IS THE BEST THING IN OUR LIVES. So don't loose sight of the fact that you have been blessed with the best wife!"

I slapped him again.

"Congratulations! For the rest of your life, every sacrifice you make is for my sister GIVE HER THE BEST LIFE. Congratulations." I finished and punched him.

He fell back holding his face. Aphmau came running down the stairs. Her face was covered in tear stains and her eyes were red.

"Aphmau, pack your suitcase. I left Cornelius. I'm moving back here and I'm taking you away from the playboy. He doesn't deserve you." I said and turned my back on Aaron to look at Aphmau.

"(Y/N)-" Aphmau began.

"No questions Aphmau. Just go pack." I said before walking over to Aaron.

I kicked him in the stomach.

"You don't deserve to have my sister." I hissed before turning and walking upstairs.