Zane X Reader: What a Jerk(Part 2)

(Y/N)'s POV

I scoffed and turned away from him and towards Aphmau.

"How are Tessa and James doing? Are they behaving?" I asked.

I have two children. Tessa and James, six and four years old. I was a widow. My first husband, my childrens' father, died in a car crash when James was a year old. His name was Martin, and I didn't date after his passing. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He had worked so hard to make a happy life for the kids and myself that it felt wrong to love another man.

"They're behaving like perfect little angels. Now follow me." Aphmau replied and started for the stairs.

"Okay. Come on Kawaii~Chan. We have to get dressed and then help Aphmau." I said and grabbed Kawaii~Chan's arm.

I dragged her along as I followed Aphmau into her bedroom. All three dresses were hanging up and Katelyn was in front of a mirror, straightening her navy blue suit.

 All three dresses were hanging up and Katelyn was in front of a mirror, straightening her navy blue suit

(Just pretend it's blue)

"Katelyn didn't want to be a bridesmaid. She wanted to be the bouncer for the reception instead." Aphmau explained.

Katelyn turned around at the sound of her name and her eyes lit up when she saw me. 

"Hi (N/N)!" She exclaimed.

"Hi Katie!" I said with a smile.

My kids ran out of the connected bathroom in their fancy little outfits. Tessa was balancing an empty basket on her amputated arm. She got cancer when she was three. She beat it, but her arm had to be amputated from just below her elbow. Meaning she had only one hand. She was going to be the flower girl and James, the ring bearer. 

"Hi my little Cutie Pies!" I said and crouched down.

Tessa and James ran into my arms.  I gave them a quick hug.

"Have you guys met your Uncle Aaron yet?" I asked them.

"Yeah!" Tessa said happily.

"He's really nice!" James added.

I laughed.

"Okay. I want you guys to sit on the bed and stay still until we're ready. Okay?"

They nodded and ran to the bed. They sat down on the edge of the bed and started happily chattering about the wedding.

Kawaii~Chan and I got dressed before helping Aphmau into her wedding gown. We did each others' hair, the way we always had in high school, and then looked in the mirror one by one. Kawaii~Chan went first.

 Kawaii~Chan went first