Chapter eight:

In that moment she got control of her body and slapped him. He let go of her and she limped back to another tree for support. "How dare you!" She snapped.

"You cant just kiss someone you hardly know! Expecially without their permission!" She yelled. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked at the ground. "It was the only way to shut you up." He explained.

She shook her head at him. "I dont care! You had no right to kiss me!" She exclaimed. She hadnt kissed anyone since Shisui. Tears formed in her eyes now. "Im not......" She started but stopped.

She leaned on the tree and placed her hands on her face. "No! Not here! Not now!" She whispered frantically. She couldnt cry in front of him. Asuma walked towards her and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"Hey dont cry." He said lightly and pulled her to him. His strong arms wrapped around her and for the first time in a long time she felt comfort. She felt safe.

"Im sorry. I shouldnt have kissed you." He whispered. She laid her head on his chest as he embraced her. "I wont do it again unless you ask me to." He finished.

She wasnt sure why she was crying now or even why she was letting him hold her like this. All she knew was that it felt nice to have someome care about her. After a few minutes of just silence he pulled away and helped her back to camp.

------time skip-------

Her injury healed quickly due to Asuma changing the bandages and Kakashi using some odd healing medicine and their mission went on.

Months went by and soon they were back in the villiage. She had grown close to the two men even though they still annoyed her sometimes. She finally felt like the people in the village had stopped judging her because of her last name.

"Em! Wait up!" She stopped and turned to see Asuma running towards her. They had been spendinga lot of time together and she couldnt deny that she was starting to crave his company. "Hey!" He smiled when he finally caught up. "We are going out tonight for dinner. You wanna come?" He asked.

She eyed his suspiciously. "When you say we......" She started and raised an eyebrow at him. He chuckled. "My students and hopefully you." He stated. "Maybe i can buy you a drink after." He stated and winked at her. She rolled her eyes at him.

"The last thing i want is to have drinks with you. I end up wasted when we drink together." She smirked and poked his cheek. He smiled and crossed his arms over his chest.

"If i remember correctly you are the one who drank to much knowing your limit was lower than mine. You shouldnt have tried to keep up with me." He smiled. She opened her mouth to speak but was stopped when a young child popped up with his two friends. "Uncle Asuma!" He yelled and ran to them.

Emmari looked down at him. She didnt know who he was but he seemed to be Asumas nephew. "Hey Konahamaru. Whats up?" He asked. "Uncle Asuma do you have time to help me with my jutsu? I cant get it down." He stated.

Asuma looked back at Emmari. She smiled and shook her head. "Go. Spend as much time as you can with him. Family is a precious thing." She said lightly. He stood up and ruffled her hair lightly. She slapped his hand away.