Chapter Sixteen

"You should be more carful Em." He said lightly. She just laughed again and opened a drawer. "I have first aid available." She smiled. He took the bandaid she pulled out and applied it to her small cut.

Her face was beet red while he did this. He seemed so focused as he wrapped the bandaid around her finger. When he finished he brought her finger to his lips and placed a soft kiss on it.

Her breath caught in her throat and her face grew hotter. When he let her hand go his eyes seemed to be locked on hers. She cleared her throat and turned away from him. "Dinner should be ready any minute now." She said lightly.

He chuckled. She didnt know if he was laughing because of her shyness or because she was repeating herself. She finished cutting the vegetables and put them in the pot.

When dinner was done she set the table and placed the food out for him. "So what did you want to drink?" She asked lightly. After a few moments of silence he decided on sake and the meal started.

They ate and drank together. After a few drinks she was more relaxed and the two chatted about what seemed like everything.

They moved to the couch and before long she felt her eyes begin to grow heavy. "I should be going. Its getting late." He stated and she looled up at him with a happy smile and nodded.

"I should probably get to sleep. We have a busy day tomorrow. Training and all that." She stated. He chuckled at her slurred words. "Maybe next time we shouldnt drink. Your not very good at it." He smirked.

She pouted now. She agreed that drinking probably wasnt the best idea because it gave her more confidence but he had proven multiple times that he wasnt going to overstep any boundaries unless she wanted him to.

In all honesty she did want him to. However being the responsible adult she had become meant restraint.....didnt it? He stood and without thinking she did as well.

He turned to her and raised an eyebrow. "Yes?" He asked. She put her hands behind her back to fight the urge she had to touch him. She opened her mouth to speak but lost her nerve and shook her head.

"N....nothing." She stuttered and looked at the floor. She bit her lip and cursed herself silently. She felt his hand on her head and he ruffled her hair slightly.