Twenty-Six

When the bruises were gone she stopped and started cleaning his cut. It was fairly deep. "Im really fine Em." He whispered. She shook her head at him. "What if your werent? What if this cut had gone deeper? You need to be more careful!" She snapped.

He looked at her with a frown now. "It didnt though. Im fine." He said lightly and tried to pull her closer. She pulled away from him. "But what if it had!?" She almost yelled. He looked at her confused.

She let out a frustrated sigh and dropped her medical supplies in his lap. She got up and walked into the kitchen. Asuma put the stuff on the table and followed her into the kitchen.

"Emmari. Im a ninja. It my job to get in danger. Im going to get a few bumps and bruises." He stated sllightly annoyed now. She turned to him. "You think i dont know that?" She asked aggrivated.

"Im a ninja as well Asuma! Dont act like you are the only one to bare that!" She spat. He was so confused now.

"I never said you werent! What the hell did I do Emmari? Its just a fucking cut!" He yelled. Tears formed in her eyes and she turned away from him. "I cant lose you Asuma. I.....we need you." She whispered.

"Im not going anywhere. Ill be here for you...." He said and then her words sank in. "Wait. We?" He asked confused again. Emmari placed her left hand on the counter and her right on her stomach.

She had just found out today. Tsunade had been seeing her for a few days because she had been sick and they had discovered she was expecting. She was about a month into her pregnancy.

"Em....are....you..." He stammered. She turned to look at him and bit her lip nervously as she nodded. A smile spread across his features and he ran to her and lifted her into a hug. "Im gonna be a father?" He asked happily.

His arms were wrapped around her legs and her butt was rested on his arms so his face was at her stomach. He kissed her stomach and rested his forehead on it. "Hey there little one. Im your papa." He mused.

Emmari couldnt stop her laugh when he lifted her from the ground. "Its still really early. Lady Tsunade will be overseeing the entire pregnacy and i am not going to be able to go on missions so i cant help with bills." She said lightly.

He sat her down and shook his head. "Ill take care of you and our baby." He smiled. "I cant wait to let everyone know." He chimmed. She laughed and ran her fingers threw his hair.

"Put me down handsome." She said softly. He lowered her to the ground and held her close. His lips met hers and she melted into the kiss. After a few moments he broke the kiss and she slipped out of his grip.

She went to work making dinner. "Hey Asuma?" She asked lightly. He had sat at the table and started taking his things out of his flak vest. "Yeah babe." He acknowledged her.

She turned to look at him and leaned on the counter. "If its a boy i was thinking of naming him after....your father." She said lightly and looked at the floor. His brown eyes met her fushia ones and she suddenly felt nervous.

He stood and walked to her. His lips met hers and he lifted her and sat her on the counter. "I would love that." He whispered. "How about we go out to eat tonight?" He asked.

She looked over at the meal she had been making and then back at him. She shook her head. "I dont want to share you tonight. I know thats greedy but you just got home." She said lightly.