Chapter four:

Emmari POV

She was irritated that she would be pulled from her solitude and forced to share her time with the children but the fact that she and two other jonin level ninja were leaving in the morning for a scouting mission made her furious.

His voice was kind and she knew she shouldnt be so hostile but she had grown angry and cold in her solitude. "About?" She had asked a little to venomously.

"Can I buy you a drink or something today?" He asked. She raised an eyebrow at him. "A drink?" She asked. She crossed her arms over her chest and eyed him. "You want to buy me a drink? What am I? Do I look like the type to socialize?" She asked.

He pushed his hands into his pockets. He looked at her with that same look from earlier. Her cheeks flushed. She felt like he was undressing her with his eyes. "If I have a drink with you will you stop looking at me like that?" She asked as she looked away from him.

He seemed confused now but it was a victory so he nodded. He stepped up beside her and started walking. She turned and followed suit. "So....." He started. She stopped him. "You dont plan on actually talking do you?" She asked.

She really wasnt the conversation type. Ever since her parents death and her brothers betrayals she mostly stuck to herself. Various Anbu missions and then the silent welcome of her home.

She didnt have friends to hold her attention and she currently had no family. Her life was souly her and her alone. His interest or whatever it was had her confused. Besides she wasnt good at the whole emotion thing. Hers had been basically numbed by her brothers cold hearted massacre.

He looked at her as if there might be something wrong with her. She hated that look. She rolled her eyes and sped up. "Lets get this over with." She stated.

He picked up his pace and joined her. Once at the bar she took a seat and Asuma joined her. The booth was sort of small but big enough for her to keep her distance. She met his gaze for only a moment and then looked away.

Asuma ordered their drinks and they sat in an awkward silence until Asuma spoke. "So you were in the Anbu?" He asked. She just looked at him uninterested. He cleared his throat. "Okay." He said lightly to himself.

She watched him take a drink of his sake and looked down at hers. She had always been a lightweight when it came to alcohol. Not to mention her demenor changed substantially.

This thought kept her from taking her first drink. "Sorry." He said lightly. She looked back up at him confused. "For?" She asked.

He pointed to the drink. "You don't drink?" He asked. She shook her head. "No. I do....its just...." She paused. "I haven't in a long time." She admitted. She decided she had already been rude enough and took the first sip. After all he had bought it for her.

With each drink she became more relaxed and the conversation started. Drink after drink later she felt her cheeks burning and he noticed. "Im gonna walk you home." He stated.

She shook her head as he stood and walked around to her. "No....I'm fine." She slurred. She stood and tripped over nothing. Expecting the hard floor to break her fall she braced herself for the impact.

When she hit it wasnt the ground at all. She looked up at him and he smiled down at her. "You sure?" He asked. Her cheeks already red from the alcohol deepened. His chest was firm and he smelled amazing. It wouldnt have been to hard to just lay her head on him and close her eyes.