Twenty-four

Did he really want to be a couple? Sure they had already been spending a lot of time together and yes they had slept together.....but was that really what he wanted?

The young child jumped up and down happily. "Yay!!!" She shouted. They spoke for a little while longer and then they left. Asuma turned to her when they were alone. "Is it okay if I call you that?" He asked lightly.

She looked down. "Is that what you want?" She asked. He lifted her face to look at him. "Yes." He whispered. She smiled and bit her lip lightly. She nodded and he embraced her.

The next two years flew by and Emmari found that it was easier and easier everyday. Asuma was a major part of her life and she couldnt believe how wonderful things were.

She brushed the sweat from her forehead as she laid back on the cool grass. She had been spending a lot more time in the Uchiha's old police training grounds trying to gain more power.

Her sharingan had grown conciderable stronger and she was ble to sustain it for several hours. Something her father even had trouble with. She knew that using her sharingan would cause her to go blind though so she tried to keep its use minimal.

She closed her eyes and let the sun wash over her. It was really beautiful today. "Hey. Sleeping instead of training?" Her eyes opened and a smile spead across her lips.

She stood and turned to see Asuma standing there. She ran to him and jumped into his open arms. He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around him. Her lips met his and her hands tangled in his hair.

He smiled into the kiss and when she broke it he laughed lightly. "I take it you missed me?" He asked. She raised an eyebrow at him and smirked. "Of course I missed you. You have been gone for two weeks." She stated.

He let her down and she was almost bouncing with excitment. "So dinner tonight? Your place or mine?" She asked. He stopped her. "My place. I have something i want to talk to you about." He stated and rubbed the back of his neck.

This statement worried her a bit. "Is everything okay?" She asked. He nodded and smiled. "Yeah. Everything is fine." He stated.

That night she walked to his door and knocked. When he opened the door she could smell something amazing. "Wow. Your cooking? Whats the occasion?" She asked as she looked around.

There were flowers in a vace on the table and the lights were dimmed and Asuma seemed really nervous. She followed him to the dinning area.

"Asuma what is going on?" She asked lightly. She turned to face him and gasped. He was kneeling down and had a ring held out to her. "Would you be mine forever?" He asked.

She covered her mouth and tried to make the words come out but she couldnt. She nodded as tears formed in her eyes. "Really?" He asked and stood up. She nodded again.

He slipped the ring on her finger and pulled her to him. His lips met hers and happiness filled her.