Chapter Twenty

He opened his arms to her and she laid her head on his chest and cuddled close to him. "Can we do that again?" She asked. His chest moved as if he was laughing. "I plan on it." He stated amused. "Dont laugh at me you big jerk." She stated with a smile.

He brushed his fingers threw his hair and sighed. "At least im your jerk." He stated and that was the last thing that was said before they fell asleep.

The next morning she tried to stretch her arms but she couldnt move. She opened her eyes and glanced to see him sleeping peacefully next to her. Her first thought was to wake him but she decided on just watching him for a few minutes first.

He was so handsome when he was sleeping. She slipped one arm out of his grip and brushed her fingers down the side of his face lightly. She bit her lip lightly. "I think you may have my heart." She whispered.

His eyes fluttered open at her touch and he released her long enough to stretch and then embrace her again. "Good morning." He said in a groggy voice.

'Ugh! Even his morning voice is amazing!' She thought. "Good morning. How did you sleep?" She asked as she resituated herself so that her head was propped up on her hands on his chest.

He smiled and rubbed his eyes with one hand. "Actually really good. You?" He asked. She smiled this time. "To be honest.....better than I have in a long time." She stated.

Most of her dreams were horrifying memories....except the one from the previous night of course. He looked at her confused for a moment and then it hit him.

"Oh because you were there?" He asked lightly. She sat up and pulled the blanket to cover herself. "I thought he had killed everyone. Sauske was laying there with his eyes open in terror." She almost whispered.

"I still remember the smell of their blood on the floor. The anguish I felt in being totally alone." She looked away from him to hide her tears.

A/N: sorry for such a short chapter. Please let me know what you think so far! Also if you can please vote for me. I have a lot planned for poor sweet Emmari and our handsome Mr. Sarutobi! 😋