Chapter One:

"One day at a time...." she ran the comb through her ebony colored hair. Her pink eyes still damp with tears, glowed brilliantly with the soft candle light that lite her room. "One day at a time." This phrase rushed through her mind over and over again. How would they know? She slammed her brush down on her table and stood.

The soft knock on her door cooled her temper. "Em? Everything okay in there?" His voice sounded strained. She hated making him suffer. She sighed and walked to the door. "I'm fine. I'll be out in a minute." She stated. The young male took in a breath. She could draw a picture of his face from memory. The sorrow and the pained sympathy he held every time he looked at her. "Lady Tsunade wants to speak with you today." He stated. She didn't respond and soon after she heard his quiet footsteps leaving.

She leaned on the door and took in a pained breath. She slid down the door and pulled her legs up to her chest. She wanted to stay in the room. She wasn't sure she could face the people of the village and not burst into tears. She brushed a small tear from her cheek and stood.

She shook her head, brushed her bottoms off, pushed open her door and walked out to see the young male looking at her. His eyes showed his feelings of sorrow and she hated it. She didnt want people seeing her as damaged or as a victim. Itachi had made his decision. He had murdered their family. She and Sauske were the only Uchiha remaining. "Dont look at me like that!" She snapped.

He looked hurt. "Is there a reason you are still in my house Aoba?" She asked venemously. He shoved his hands in his pockets and shook his head. "We are worried about you." He stated.

She rolled her eyes and pushed past him to her kitchen. 'Worried about her?' She thought angrily. 'What about my baby brother?' Sauske had been manipulated by Orochimaru. He had gone rouge just so that he could kill Itachi.

"Look if you ever need someone to talk...." He started but she stopped him. "If I need someone to talk to it sure as hell wouldn't be you! Thank you for stopping by. You can leave now." She spat.

He nodded and finally left. She crossed her arms over her stomach and looked at the portrait on the wall of her and Itachi. They were much younger because Itachi had little Sauske on his shoulders.

'My brothers are complete morons.' She thought. Her jaw clenched and she shook her head yet again to remove the thought. She left her home and headed to see Lady Tsunade.

The look people gave her made her sick. She wanted to scream at them. 'Yes my brother killed our entire clan including my boyfriend, Shisui! Yes my baby brother went rouge! Get the hell over it!' However she just remained silent.

It hurt to remember and the only thing she could do in this god forsaken town was remember. Remember how they feared her clan. Remember how they called her father so many hateful things.

Itachi had made her life hell. She brushed her fingers over the scar on her wrist. It had been the worst night of her life.