Chapter Seventeen

"Hey." His voice was soft and comforting. She glanced up at him. "You know you dont have to be shy with me right?" He asked. "After all I have seen you drunk." He smiled.

She puffed out her cheeks in irritation. "Thats minimal compared to...." She started but stopped herself. Her hands covered her mouth and he tilted his head in confusion at her.

"Compared to what?" He asked lightly. She waved her hands at him and shook her head. "Nothing!" She exclaimed probably a little to quickly. This time his hand rested on her shoulder.

"Talk to me Em." He stated. She wanted to tell him but it was far from time for them to think about things like that. Hell they werent even really a couple yet.

"Its nothing. I swe...." She started but he was looking at her with knowing eyes. She bit her lip and looked at the floor again. "I was trying to hide from you today." She admitted.

He crossed his arms and looked at her confused again. "Because?" He asked. She sighed and looked at everything except him. "Because I was afraid to see you." She said lightly.

He looked hurt. "Why?" He asked. She hated the look he was giving her right now. She felt like a child being scolded by her mother. "Because I....had a dream.....about you." She said slowly and nervously.

A smile started to form on his lips. "You dreamt about me? What was the dream about?" He asked. 'Oh come on! Seriously!' She thought.

"I had a dream that you.......or rather we........that is......" She couldnt get the words to come out. He seemed amused by this. "What did we do?" He asked as he stepped closer to her.

Her heart rate spiked and she blushed wildly. "We kissed......a lot....and you...." Her breath caught in her throat. Her hands grew damp from sweat and she brushed then down her sides slightly.

He took another step towards her and she was looking directly at his chest. "What did I do Emmari?" He asked in almost a whisper. She could hear the humor in his voice.

He thought this was funny. She was trying to tell him why she had been acting weird and he was laughing about it. That had caused another feeling to rise in her. Anger.

She looked up at him furious now. "Are you seriously finding this funny?" She asked. His eyes grew wide and he shook his head. "No Em...I just...." He started but she pushed him.

He was a solid rock though so it did absolutely nothing. "You can go! Goodnight!" She snapped and stepped back. She crossed her arms and he sighed. "Come on Emmari. Tell me the rest. What did I do in your dream?" He asked.

This time he sounded genuinely curious. She looked up at him as he walked towards her again. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her to him.

Her hands rested on his chest just like in her dream except now she knew it was real. "This." She said breathlessly. "Hold you?" He asked. She shook her head lightly. "No......touched me." She finished.

He smiled now. "Is that what you want me to do?" He asked. Her heart skipped a beat. She bit her lip and looked up at him. She did want him to. Very badly. In fact she had been thinking about it all day.

He pulled her as close to him as he could and she felt her face grow hotter. "Well?" He asked. One of his hands came up and he brushed his fingers down her cheek, then her neck, and her arm.