Twenty-Eight

Asuma's POV

He walked into the bedroom and smiled as he noticed her sleeping form on the bed. She was laying on her stomach with the blanket was covering her butt.

Her legs were slightly on his side of the bed but that didnt bother him one bit. He liked how she tried to be as close to him as possible even in her sleep.

Something else he loved about her was that she slept naked. It made for more eventful mornings. Her raven hair was laying down her bare back and her face was relaxed and effortlessly beautiful.

He crawled into the bed and slipped his arms around her pulling her to his chest. He still couldnt believe that this beautiful woman was all his.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at him sleepily. "Hey baby." She whispered. His heart fluttered and he pulled her closer to him. "Go back to sleep." He said lightly. She smiled and let her heavy eyelids close.

He watched her for a little longer until he heard the knock on the door. He looked at the clock and climbed out of their bed. When he opened the door he was ready to snap at whoever was bothering him at three in the morning however Lady Tsunade stood before him.

She turned away from him and cleared her throat. "Could you possible not answer the door in your underwear." She growled. He almost snapped but stopped. "Come in Lady Tsunade. Ill get dressed and wake Emmari." She said.

She shook her head. "Unfortunately I am asking you because no other Jonin class ninja are available. There is no need to wake Emmari." She stated.

"She will find out in the morning. I need you packed and ready for a mission by morning. It is a two month recon mission in the Hidden Mist." She started.

"I am sure Emmari has already informed you of the pregnancy. If I could send someone else I would but its an S-Ranked mission." She finished.

Asuma rubbed the back of his neck and nodded. "Very well. Ill be ready by morning." He said lightly. She nodded and left. Em was going to be so upset. He had only just gotten home from a two week mission and now he was to leave for two months.

He walked back to their room and grabbed his things. He tried to pack them as quietly as possible. Hoping to let her get a few more hours of peace before sadness would eat away at her.