Acrostic 1 - D.E.P.R.E.S.S.I.O.N.

D is for the desperation to feel wanted, to feel loved; in a world you feel that you're nothing but burden to.

E is for the exhaustion you always seem to feel despite only ever sleeping; because that's all the strength you have to do. Mentally and emotionally, feeling drained every second that you're alive.

P is for the pain. It just never seems to go away. They put you on pills but it always seems to stay.

R is for resist. You try to fight your demons but you know that you can't. The voices in your head scream louder at you every time until you collapse.

E is for enough. No matter what you do, no matter who you are, it's never good enough. When's it going to be good enough? When will you be good enough?

S is for strength. All of yours is lost. You try to get it back but it seems you never can.

S is sadness. It's way too obvious but it's a part of this. Just know it's more than this.

I is insecure. Self doubt always seems to creep in from the darkest corners of your mind. You doubt who you are and who you'll ever be.

O is for oppressed. This is like a disease, a parasite. It crushes you. It feels like it'll kill you. You just want it to end.

N in for neurotic. You obsess. You get anxious. Negative thoughts play on repeat, over and over, in your mind every day like a broken record that never stops.