Chapter 9

I sigh and lie down on my bed and check the time
I just finish having dinner with mom and dad and I'm so exhausted. Today hasn't been so easy.
Work here, work there.
I had a really long shower or else I couldn't have slept today.

Mom saw the decorations and she fell in love immediately. I can't wait to see my little sister or brother as much as I can't wait for this whole thing to be over.
Mom still doesn't want anyone to know about the gender. Not even herself. I don't mind though cause of I'll love the baby to bits.

As long as it's not taking your place in your father's heart.

That's quite true though.
But I'd like for it to be a girl. Which I know it'll be since my father has the habit of doing whatever I want, even when it comes to the gender of his children. Crazy, I know.

I put off the bedside lamp and welcome the dreamland.

                              🌻🌻🌻

I wake to a knock on my door.

"Come in" I growl

Mom enters

"Mom. What do you want? The party is not up till 12:00pm, and I think I've done all I'm supposed to, now please let me sleep" I say and pull the covers above my head

"I know, but we still have to get ready before 12:00pm" she says and pulls open my curtains.

I sigh, rub my eyes and make my way to the bathroom, I brush and change into something comfortable apart from my PJs.

I enter the room and mom is sitting in the edge of my bed.

"You still here?" I ask

"Yeah, I wanted to tell you that even though we're gonna have another child, you'll still be our baby" she says

She's not good at this so why is he even trying.

"Look mom, I know that, besides you're not good at this so stop and go get ready, cause you could take a century" I say

"Look the fact that I'm insensitive doesn't mean I don't have a heart" she says

"Ok, I get you, now go, you wouldn't want to keep your guests waiting" I say and she leaves.

Why aren't I close to my mom as I am to my dad? I always shoo her away when she tries to make a conversation or I utterly shut her out.

Oh well!
You always know where your love goes.

I check the clock to see it's almost 11:00am. So that's why she was on my neck. Wow, I've slept quite a while. I was exhausted yesterday so let's just say I needed the sleep.

I go make a bubbly shower and head downstairs. It should be done by the time I'm back. I head to the kitchen and see dad.

"Oh hi dad" I greet

"Hi honey, you slept quite in today, you should have slept more, you were really exhausted yesterday" he says

You see the difference!

"So I realised" I say with a soft chuckle.

I realise dad has not had his breakfast, neither has mom or I, so I make some toast with English tea, orange juice and fried egg for everyone.
I add a few strips of bacon and strawberry to the touch.
Bacon it's actually something I love so yeah.

                            🌻🌻🌻

After breakfast, I head upstairs and have my shower.
I get cleaned and head to my closet.
I put on a matching black laced undies and zip out the dress mom forced me to buy.
If I don't wear this she's gonna feel bad and today is her day and I don't want that. But this is not prom.
I put on the black floor length off shoulder dress anyway.

I apply a tiny bit of makeup; a blush here and there. I apply a bit of eye shadow and eyeliner. I paint my lips red, and wear a pair of red heels.
I

spray some perfume and take a few pictures and head out to my mom's room. I knock and hear a faint Come in from the background so I enter and see my mom. Wow, she looks good. I tell her to take a seat whilst I take a picture of her.

I decide it's my cue to leave when I see dad staring intently at mom. I mean she looks good. I get downstairs and see Kenzie has arrived. I drag her to the kitchen. I need to get something straight.

"You didn't invite Jason did you?" I ask

"I thought we've gone through this already" she says rolling her eyes at me

"He invited you to how party so it's fair if you invite him too" she says

"You're right" I say

Well let get this over and done with