Chapter 11

Picture of Natalie

How exhausting!

I'm home now because Kenzie's mom wanted her to run an errand and she couldn't come to the hospital or look after the house for us, so I'm here getting ready to go to church.

By God's grace mom delivered a baby girl. I was literally shaking, my dear getting the best of me, thinking something would happen to either mom or the baby, but both of them were safe.

After I had gone in to see her, I was star-struck. She is so beautiful, a splitting image of dad. I wanted to name her but mom didn't want to allow it, but eventually I got my way.

[Flashback]:

"Can I hold her please?" I ask the nurse

"Sure you can" she hands her over

"I want to name her" I mutter softly, entranced by the bundle of joy I'm carrying in my arms.

"You have got to be kidding me, you want to name a baby that I gave birth to?" She asks, raising her brows.

"Any problem with that?" I ask, slightly irritated

"Yes!" She raises her voice "I'm her mom!" She adds

"Well I'm her knight in shining armour who saved her when her mom knew she was due when she decided to have a baby shower knowing that she only wants to party. Your sorry excuse for a baby shower almost put you and this child in danger mom, so I'm naming her, at least gratitude for saving your life. Who knows what would have happened if I didn't find you?" I ask softly, but really annoyed at her that she put herself in danger like that. She should have been around us, so we could keep close eye on her. Besides, we didn't know she was due anytime soon, but she did.

That was reckless!

"Okay fine, what will you name her?"

I look at the baby in my arms for a long while before responding, "Natalie Helena-Rose McCann"

"What do you think?" I ask, looking at my mom

"Wow..." she breathes out

My full attention was back on the baby now. I look at her and the name I've given her will fit her perfectly. I didn't think of it, I didn't search '29 names to give to a baby girl', It just came to me.

But I know it'll fit her perfectly, make her special. Unique. Different. Just like me.

I kiss her forehead and hand her over to the nurse. Yes, she was here when I was arguing with mom. Our petty arguments and disagreements always happen, nothing new.

"I have to leave to go and get ready for church. Tell dad-

"You love him, will do, get going now. And don't forget to say a word of prayer for us" she says and I nod.

I want to tell her I love her too.

But it never comes out.

I get all tongue-tied.

Maybe I'll say it eventually.

"Right" I whisper and close the door behind me, not even sure she heard me.

[End Of Flashback]

Jason stayed up till this morning and I'll have to thank him for it later, with a gift probably. I finish my shower and head to the closet for something to wear. I pick out a forest green halter neck dress and match it with black stilettos. I comb my bob to accentuate the curve of my face to my jaw and put on light makeup. I have to make use of these cosmetics at some point, if not that will be like just waiting mom's money and effort to get me something.

I grab my purse and keys and head out to church.