Chapter 37

I look at the address on the paper and check if it's the correct one dad gave me and if I'm at the correct place. And I am. I close my eyes and breath in, I open them again and ring the doorbell. I was able to gather the courage to come all the way. I might as well not chicken out now. The door opens and reveals a blonde slender beautiful woman, probably in her late thirties.

"Good morning" I greet

"Good Morning how may I help you?" She asks with a confused expression

How do I even say this? I'm your long lost daughter even though you didn't give birth to me. Oh God help me!

"I'm Dakota McCann, daughter of James McCann" I say, looking at her expectantly

"How did you find me?" She asks

"Aren't you gonna let me in?"

"I'm sorry, all this took me by surprise" she says and let me in. Her house is not big, but it's homey and cozy with it's turquoise painted walls, oak doors and wooden floors. It's simple.

"Please have a seat"

"Thank you"

"So you mind telling me why you're

here?"

"Caterina was suppose to have me and then after I'll grow up knowing you're my mother. But that took a turn, instead it became the other way round. Dad told me you felt out of place and I feel the same. That is why I came to look for you.  Can you accept me?"

"Of course I can. I always prayed to God that if you ever found out the truth you wouldn't hate me. You don't get up one day and come to someone's house and be like can you accept me? That's so unrealistic, but I love the courage you put into this. And I can accept you and live with you even"

"Don't worry, I'm not going anytime soon" I say, remembering I have nothing to go back for. And soon, I'll have nothing to live for.

"What's the problem? Boys?" She asks and I chuckle at how she figures things out so easily

She was destined to give birth to ne anyways

"Maybe, left him. Hurt him. And I can't even forgive myself, I doubt if he'll forgive me."

"If he's truly yours to keep, he'll come around. Destiny will always connect you both" she says and I nod

"I always wanted to name your daughter Dakota, the name is unique, I'm glad your father remembered" she says and I smile

"I'm Ella by the way, come, let me show you your room" she says and I follow her upstairs.

"Wait. I have one more thing to ask."

She turns to me

"Why didn't you threr use the surrogate method? It still doesn't make sense to me on some level"

"The doctor told us that the process is not always effective and we didn't want any risks" she says and I nod.

It just had to happen and it did.

She leads me to a room and when she opens up, it's like this place is sacred. Was always waiting for me.

"It's beautiful. Thank you" I say to her

"Settle in. And oh, I'll enroll you in a new school on Monday. Don't be nervous. I'm the principal"

"If I was nervous I wouldn't be here"

"Trust me I know." She smiles and leaves

I'm gonna get along with her very very well