Epilogue

6 months later

I neatly slip on the dress I bought specifically for this occasion, and I like, scratch that, love the way it looks. It clings onto me like a second skin, and I know Jason will love it.

WSU was all I ever wanted it to be. I've got my fair share of parties, frat houses, hell I almost joined a sorority, but what's university without a little drama? I'm not done with it, and I still can't wait to see what awaits me, but I'll savour this moment, because I know the minute this ends, Jason and I will be three thousand miles apart. I remember our first vacation when we came back home, we could barely keep our hands to ourselves, heck even now we can't but who the fuck cares? Mom and dad were starting to get clingy to each other, a little outings here and there, which turned into dates, and turned into love. Stronger than what they had before, and that's why I'm here, dressed like this, going for a wedding, because my parents have decided to hit that rock again. I add the final touch to my makeup, something Jason still tells me I don't need, which I know it's true, but I just like how good it looks on me. I used to hate it but now I guess it's not that bad.

As I make my way out of my room and approach my mom's, I see Faye, how beautiful she looks in every attire beats me.

It was very difficult for her when her mom died, apparently Amber had cancer which she kept to herself, two months after divorcing dad, it went over the extreme and she was rushed to the hospital, she died quite a few hours after that. I'm glad I could get a chance to talk to her, I remember it so well, like it was yesterday

Flashback

"I thought you always wanted to see me dead, so why are you here?" She asks once I enter, always trying to have a banter with me, even on her death bed

"Don't try to create problems when there are none Amber, maybe I never liked you as the correct mother figure in my life, but truthfully I never had anything against you, neither do I now. I just wish you would understand that"

"Well It's a shame I don't understand"

"It is. It really is Amber, cause even on your dying bed someone would think you're ready to get soul saving no matter how you can, even if it's happening at the last minute, but not you. I just wish you would have given yourself that chance at life, things would've been so different. But oh well, it's too late now, just too late, but know that I have nothing against you. Nothing at all" I say and get up, I cast one last look behind me and close the door, leaving her staring at the white walls

Present

We burried her a week after that day, and mom and dad got custody for Natalie. I'd have loved for them to adopt Faye, even though her dad is still alive, seems he's gone in search for greener pastures elsewhere after he recovered. She's above sixteen, so she can't be adopted, but who cares about that anyway? She doesn't need the family name before we show her love, before we show her how much we support her. Infact I'm proud of how far she's come, she attends NYU with Jason and Hunt, the three of them are best buddies now. Apparently Jason didn't pick Harvard but chose NYU instead. Faye has a passion with art, so she decided to do makeup, and luckily for her she got an internship at a cosmetology company, and now she's studying and getting paid, even though is an internship, I'd say she's very lucky, because that kind of opportunity is very rare.

"Hey, is mom ready?" I ask her

"Yeah, you should go in and see her, she looks stunning" she squeals and makes it down the stairs when one of the planners calls her up. She's more than family now

I enter the room and I swear I've never seen my mom this beautiful

Now I know why she wanted us in silver, she has pecks of it all over her dress, it's beautiful.