Chapter 20

Saturday came in a rush, the days going by as fast as possible. I stretch my limbs and yawn, preparing my schedule for the day in my head already. I plan on having a Sisters Day together with Natalie. My attention for her has become quite distant because of school. I choose a simple outfit after my shower and put my hair into half up bun half down style, before going to Natalie's nursery. I realise I realise my mom has already given her a bath so I dress her up in a baby girl romper that says 'Sup' and a matching headband.

"We are going to spend a day together. You excited baby?" I coo, tickling her face with mine, to which she giggles uncontrollably.

She's adorable.

I get downstairs with her afterwards and greet mom and dad.

"Can I take Helena out and spend the day with her?" I ask them, biting into an apple after putting Natalie in her high chair. I connect a bip to her attire so she doesn't stain her clothes when eating.

"Yeah sure why not" my dad answers, cooking bacon strips, I snap my gaze to my mom to see her reaction.

"OK" is all she makes out, avoiding my gaze and squeezing the rest of the oranges.

After Natalie has had her breakfast and kissed mom and dad goodbye, I take the keys to my car and fix her in her carseat, and drive first to Starbucks. I need coffee in my system. After getting a cup of coffee macchiato and donuts, I enter the car. Natalie immediately starts to nibble on a piece of coconut donut I give her, her eyes wide, staring at me whilst clicking her tongue and lips together, loving the taste of the donuts.

"You are a food lover in the making baby, I'm proud of you"

I take her to a playground, where I watch her closely because she's still very young. All she does is crawl around and looking excitedly at things. I chuckle when she tries to go on a slide, but gets scared and flap her arms around, calling for me, because she's not sure she'll make it to the end. After endless roaming and giggling, I pick her up and we leave the playground, heading for the salon.

What's a girl's day out without some good makeover?

"Hello, I've booked an appointment for 1pm please" I greet and tell the lady behind the counter the moment I enter.

"Sure, please come with me" she says and leads us to the salon area.

This place is a high end salon, and now that is the weekend, I had to book first if not, we wouldn't be served.

She leads us to one of the hairdresses named Tina. A lady with baby pink braided hair, a nose ring, thick eye lashes and a heart shaped face.

She gets my hair and nails done. After three hours of dying my hair silver grey and getting my nails painted in a lavender colour, Natalie has finished up all the snacks I brought along.

Natalie is really young, so I tell the lady to paint her nails a light shade of pink, which Natalie can't stop staring at.

I pass by the foodcourt after we are done, deciding to get Natalie and I some ice cream, when I bump into a little boy with forest green eyes and cute dimples.

"Who are you with?" I ask, crouching down to the boy's eyes, but he isn't listening to what I'm saying. His eyes are fixated on Natalie, who is busy playing with my hair, her face crunched up in concentration, wondering why the colour has suddenly changed. She's a smart one.

"My elder cousin" he finally replies, snapping his eyes from Natalie to me.

"Want some ice cream?" I ask him, placing an order for two chocolates cones.