Chapter 21

"I am not like other girls, but one thing is I agree with them. Some of them though, not stuck up bitches" I say, thinking about who I truly am. Of course I am female and I am not like other girls, and maybe I stress on that a lot because I am happy that I am different. I may not be perfect, but I do me and I don't try to fit in, which a lot of people cant pull off easily.

Jason let's out a small laugh before saying, "That chocolate is better than peanut butter?" He scoffs

"Of course"

"You're just being dramatic" he rolls his eyes "Whatever, we're having peanut butter"

"No" I refuse

"No?"

"Yes, no"

"Okay now you're really confusing me, is it a yes or a no?"

"Why does it matter? We are not having peanut butter. Period"

"And I say we are, anything you're gonna do about that?" He asks, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You wouldn't want to try me" I smirk

"Or maybe I would"

And that's when he takes long strides towards me. His blue eyes turning a shade darker. I want to look away, because I don't know what he is up to, but to say I am hypnotized by those eyes would be an understatement, is like being lost in an ocean and gazing in blue skies.

With every step he takes, I take one back, hoping I could plan something quick in my head and get lost, but the moment my back is pressed against the counter, I know there's no going back.

He places his hands on each side of the counter so I'm locked in between. This is typically what they call "Stuck between a rock and a hard place". His muscles and biceps flex due to the action, and that isn't gone unnoticed by me. And for a second or maybe even more, my emotions are all over the place, which clearly isn't me. I'm always so put together! Why today!? He leans in, getting closer to my lips, till there is almost no space at all and I can feel the breath of his lips on mine, and that's where realisation hit me and I snap back to my senses, fully alert and aware. What in the world's name am I doing?

I don't want things to change between Jason and I. In as much as I'm not the one to admit stuff, this friendship means the world to me and I don't want one kiss to change and complicate everything. If there's one thing Jason and I are not, is being awkward. I don't want that to change because of this.

I push him back, feeling able to breathe again when there is reasonable space between the two of us. When Jason looks at me with a painful expression on his face, I almost regret giving into the logical side of me. Almost. I run up the stairs to the room that Jason showed me to. I decide to take a cold shower to get my mind off things.

That was close.

At the end of the day we ended up eating chocolate and cookie dough while watching THOR. Chris Hemsworth is such a lovely sight, abs and all. Hormonal teenagers of today, me being one of them.

Hehe.

It wasn't awkward like I thought it would be, and that's good. That's what I love about him, about us, there's never an awkward moment.

Wait us?

Where did that come from?