|11|If these sheets were the states. 1|

| Ember |

Song: If These Sheets Were The States - All Time Low

"Come on, Em, wake up. It's 6am." Alex shakes me.
"Oh. Morning Lex." I yawn and roll over to face him.
"Get dressed, you're taking me to the airport." He says.
"Oh am I?" I tease. "Oh. I forgot. You're leaving today." It feels like a rock has dropped in my stomach.
"Yeah. It'll be okay though." He hugs me and we get out of his bunk. I throw on my red skater skirt and a white shirt with some black converse. "You look nice." Alex smiles at me.
"Thanks." I look at him. He's just in some jeans and a tank top. "I'm guessing you like to travel in style." It would've been a good joke if I was feeling it. I'm a bit half hearted.
"Cheer up." He smiles. "Whatever type of thing we have going on, some friendship that is based on sarcasm, can stretch over states."
"I'll miss having a teddy bear though." I joke, feeling a bit better. He starts to sing the chorus of 'if these sheets were the states.'
"Wassup Bitch?!" Jack shouts to me as he steps on the bus, for what is probably the last time for a while.
"The Sky!" I shout back and he high fives me.
"How was last night with Alex then?" He elbows me. "Hey, hey?" He wiggles his eyebrows.
"We watched a movie and that was it. Then I fell asleep and went to bed."
"Boring!" He tuts and roll his eyes. The rest of the guys, and Cassie, come onto the bus.
"Get your asses ready! I'm taking you to the airport!"
*
Somehow they all fitted into my car. Me and Alex in the front, Jack, Zack and Rian in the back, Cassie is sat on Rian's lap, looking rather uncomfortable with her head bent awkwardly. Alex is quietly humming to himself and everyone else is talking. I'm just focusing on the road. I park and jump out of the car. Jack grabs their cases.
"Are you alright there, Cass?" I laugh. She's shaking her head, trying to get the cramp out of her neck. There's a bit of a crack.
"I'm good now." She smiles and puts her handbag on her shoulder, Rian has his and her case. I look at Alex awkwardly, but he avoids my gaze and starts fiddling with his luggage. I guess he doesn't want to leave. I could be wrong. But I'm gonna miss my best friend. Wait a minute Ember? How do you feel about him? God! This is so confusing! We walk inside, check in their luggage and stop a little before security.
"I can't go any further guys. Sorry, I'm not flying." I hug Rian and Cassie first. "Bye Cassie, it was nice meeting you. And Rian, I'll have to take the drumming lessons another day." He laughs.
"The offer is always there." Him and Cassie walk off.
"Bye, Ember." Zack says.
"Goodbye dear Zachary. Have a safe flight and don't get flirting with the stewardesses!" I joke.
"No promises." He winks and walks to Rian and Cassie.
"Bye dear brother, Jack." I joke.
"Aww! Bye Em. I'm gonna miss you like crazy! It's been amazing finding you again!"
"I know. Like we've never been separated, bro." I punch him lightly.
"Ow." He taunts and rubs his arm. "I'll text you later sis." He squeezes me tightly and I turn to Alex.
"Now this is where it gets awkward." I joke and cringe a little.
"It's been great meeting you Ember, eventhough we did argue at first."
"It's all good, we're still best friend bitches." I joke. "Proud of that. Just come up with it."
"You should be." He hugs me. I'm nearly crying. "Don't forget me or what I'm going to say to you now."
"I'm listening."
"You're beautiful, amazing and talented. Don't forget it and don't let anyone tell you other wise. I'm not going to soon forget a face like yours, nor do I want to. I'll arrange for you to fly to Baltimore soon. I promise. You can stay with me and Jack." He chokes up a little. "I'm so glad I met you because I..." He starts. "I seriously fucking love you, Ember. It's been two weeks and I already know that. It's a best friend love you're thinking of. I mean it more than that." He kisses my head.
"Stop, Alex. You're making this harder. Say it next time I see you."
"Okay. I will. I'll see you soon, ember. I'll text you later. And I'll start looking for some flights for you."
"Bye Alex. I'll see you soon." He walks to the rest of them and goes through a door.

He's gone. Just like that. Vanished through a door and I don't know how long it'll be before I see him again. Probably the best thing that's happened to me in a while. It's been two weeks and I know that he's amazing. An amazing person, friend. Everything. It just makes it harder because he's leaving. The world is cruel. The universe is cruel. It's just unfair. That's the truth. Life isn't fair. But I thought it was when it handed me my childhood friend back and a new one too. A new one I grew so close too in a matter of days, it felt like I'd known him forever. I know for sure that Alex changed my life. He re-shaped it with ease, as if it were clay. I never knew I was something special. I thought I was supposed to marry Matty, who would cheat on me and live with it. Have one of those typical futures, like most people. People change other people. Alex made me seem better in myself. I never knew I was special. Heck, even now I don't believe it. But it's nice for someone else to.
Life is unfair and the universe is cruel because in the serious situations, we only just realise how we feel. I never believed he liked me. But when he said it, the walls came tumbling down. It makes it worse. And now I won't see him for god knows how long! It could be a few days, weeks, months, years. I don't know. And that makes me scared that I don't know.
I don't know what's happening with me and Alex. We aren't technically a thing. I have to know.

I wipe the small tears forming in my eyes and pad slowly through the airport. I grab a coffee to wake me up and stroll back to my car. I leave my door open and sit in the seat side on, so my legs are dangling out of the car. I sip my coffee and take deeps breaths. It's gone be hard without them. I've just gotten used to it. So it's 'say hello to a job and the taxes' again. I guess I needed to stop living somewhere in neverland. I drive home and cry. That's all I can do for now. It's what I need to do.

______________________________________________

DRAMA LLAMA!!

It's nearly happening! Well, it nearly did. Me being the evil bitch that I am decided to do that to you. But I have my reasons. Don't get mad!

Sorry for the big chunk of dialogue in italics. Yeah, it's kinda cheesy af. But I needed it in this and I think it adds to the chapter and makes it seem like a write more. Yay!

Sorry it's short. Hope you like it!