|36|Cheap Russian Alcohol|

| Ember |

Song: The Boy Who Could Fly - Pierce The Veil

As soon as we land, Jack and I rush off the plane. I hate flying. Of course he was there to comfort me, but it's unpredictable and dangerous to me. Jack thinks I'm stupid and paranoid though.

We skip the baggage claim because we only had our carry-ons, and run to the exit. I just want to be home, drinking whatever cheap vodka Jack has in the cupboard. Vodka or whiskey, either will do. Jack flies past me and jumps at Alex, who is stood quietly, scrolling down on his phone.

"Alexxxx!" Jack shouts as he puts an arm round him, almost choking him. "Get my bag, sis?" He asks me. I near trip up his bag that he abandoned on the floor.

"I have the right mind to leave it in the middle of the car park." I mumble and pick it up. "Hey Lex." I smile.

"Hey Em, how are you?"

"Alright. I still don't need sympathy." I warn.

"I know you don't. Can't I ask how my amazing best friend is?"

"Kiss my ass."

"Not even on your birthday." He winks. I hug him. It's like we never had an argument. "Let's get you home."

"Thanks." I smile.

*

I dump my bag in my room and go to the cupboard in the kitchen full of Jack's drinks. Him and Alex are outside, so I can sneak a bottle of Vodka into my room without them noticing. Lucky for me, he left it on a low shelf. I'm really short. I go back into my room and decide to play some music. I need to listen to Black Veil Brides, I love them to pieces and just... Amazing. I unscrew the lid on the alcohol and drink a huge mouthful. Looking at the label, I realise I can't read it. Not because I'm drunk, one swig of vodka can't hurt me that much already. It's in Russian or something, I can't read it anyway. Doesn't matter, it's numbing me.

*

"Ember turn the music down!" Jack pounds at the door. I just laugh and take another swig of the vodka. I look at the glass bottle in disappointment, it's all gone. "Ember, turn it down!" He repeats.

"N-no!" I squeal in a high pitched voice and hiccup. He comes in and sees me.

"Have you been drinking?" He asks. It takes a whole for me to process what he said, after I do, I hide the empty bottle behind my back. "Too late. I saw it." He says and rolls his eyes.

"So what?"

"You're gonna hurt yourself. I know you're upset, there's better ways that this."

"I guess so." I shrug.

"Give me the bottle." He scolds, I shake my head. "Give me the bottle." He repeats. I swipe it from behind my back and dangle it loosely from my fingers.

"There." I say curtly. He takes the bottle.

"Clean up. Do whatever. Don't let Alex find out."

"Don't let Alex find out what?" Alex asks, peering over Jack's shoulder.

"That I drunk a whole bottle of vodka." I smile proudly.

"Clean up. It's nothing to be proud of." He shakes his head and goes downstairs.

*

I clean up and put on my pyjamas. I knock on Alex's door.

"What?" He asks.

"It's me."

"Come in."

"Sorry. I know it's nothing to be proud of."

"Promise me you won't do it again?"

"Promise." I lie on the bed next to him, and he puts his arm around me.

"Break the promise and I'll break your arm." He teases.

"Whatever." I laugh. I'm coming round a bit more, the cheap Russian alcohol is wearing off. "I better get some sleep then. Night Lex."

"Night Em." He smiles. I go into my room and drift off to sleep.

____________________________________________________

Really short, a bit of a filler.

Time lapse for the next chapter. I think.

370+ reads! Holy cow! Thanks so much! Mind sharing ;)

Update soon!