|1|Dandy in the world of rock legends|

| Ember |

Song: Weightless - All Time Low

"C'mon guys, we can do better than this." Willow, the lead singer of our band sighs.

"We're all just tired, you know that." I say softly. Willow is my best friend.

"I'm sorry, Ember, I'm not taking advice from the drummer."

"Willow!" I shout.

"Sorry, I'm stressed."

"I can tell." Jake our guitarist mumbles, his non-identical twin Matty, our bass player, smirks.

"I think we should call it a day." Willow snaps, dragging her fingers through her blonde hair. "Ember, what's wrong with you?!" She asks.

"I don't know. You know I'm drained this week."

"Get some sleep then!" She orders.

"I can't. And that's where the problem is coming from. God of rock help me." I murmur the last but to myself.

"And what's the god of rock gonna do?! Hand you Alex Gaskarth magically?" She asks, her voice laced with sarcasm. She knows my favourite band is All Time Low, and she has a bit of a crush on Alex Gaskarth.

"Pfft. Willow, we're all falling apart. You need to loosen up on the reigns a little."

"I'm trying to get us this small festival!"

"It won't work. Everyone is sick! We're all so tired. We have jobs and families."

"And partners." Matty adds.

"I know baby." I kiss him on the cheek as he passes. "Maybe we should give the black rose ball a break." 'Black rose ball' was the name of our band.

"Whatever." She storms off.

"Matty, I'm going to the park, I need some alone time. I'll see you at the apartment."

"Okay, babe, have fun."

"I'll try to." I grab my keys off the side and my phone. I put them in my back pocket and leave. The park is only around the corner from the studio, it's got a small playground and the rest is land and a river. It's quiet at least. I sit on a bench and put my head in my hands. I'm stressed, not upset. I'm not gonna cry about Willow being a bitch. Not worth it. I watch the ducks swim by, three little ducklings following the mama in a line. I smile, it's cute. I hear an angry mans voice behind me. He's got to be on the phone.

"What the fuck? Poppy, you cheated on me? I can't believe you sometimes! I've let it slide many times before because I loved you! I've had enough! I'm gonna be back at our place soon, if all your stuff isn't gone by then, you'll be in deep trouble. Got it?!" I look around the see Alex Gaskarth looking quite frustrated. I move to the end of the bench, he sits on the opposite end. I glance at him.

"What?" He snaps.

"Nothing. I'm pretty mad too."

"Like you'd know. Try me. Did you break a nail?"

"Oh yeah I did." I stick my middle finger up at him and look at the floor. He chuckles. "Rough day huh?"

"Girlfriends suck. They're all cheaters."

"Best friends suck. They're trying to take over the band. Bossy bitch."

"Ouch."

"I just told her to get lost and she stormed off like the pussy she is."

"Fair play." I get a text.

Matty 💕: Hope you cool off baby, I'll order a pizza in a bit. See you soon! xx.