|32|My Mr Confident|

| Alex |

Song: Oh, Calamity! - All Time Low

Seeing Ember like that last night hurt me, it was a pain deep inside. There was nothing I could do to help her, except for let her cry.

It was hard letting her cry, part of me wanted to tell her everything would be okay. But it would be a lie. It'll get better eventually, but it's just so soon. I know how it feels. It's best to just cry.

I wanted to hold her until she stopped crying, but it's not my job to do that. I'm just her best friend.

I go into her room to see her wearing a crew neck, leggings and a black choker, she's really not in the mood for anything lately. Her hair is half up- half down though. The effort is returning.

"Morning." I smile.

"Morning Alex. I'm going out with Jack in a bit, wanna come?"

"Sure." I smile. I go back into my room, throw on some skinny jeans and a green shirt, tucking my phone into my back pocket. I put on my shoes and go back to her. She's lacing up her dark blue converse.

"Alex, you coming too?" Jack asks. I nod. "Okay." He smiles. "I'll meet you both in the car." She grabs her phone and we go to the car, I lock the door after us and toss Jack his house keys back. Ember lets me sit in the front, she's sat in the back her head resting against the glass of the window. I know that look. She's sad. I know it, it's pretty obvious. She's almost depressed. It's how everyone feels when they lose someone they love.

| Ember |

Half an hour later, we are sat in a Starbucks. Jack wanted a drink. I have something for Monday, a pair black, ripped skinny jeans and a black blazer. I said I'd wear it with my black corset top and some heels.

Yes, I own a lot of black things, it goes with my hair. But it's come in handy for now. I stare at the ground, sipping my smoothie.

"You okay sis?" Jack asks.

"Yeah. I'm just thinking."

"Oh."

"Thanks for the stuff."

"It's what brothers are for, Em. It's a little gift, let's just say it was for staying strong all those years without me." I nod and smile a little, before staring back at the ground. "And our flight is tomorrow night at 8. I've booked us a hotel near the airport for two nights. You'll need to rest before you travel again."

"Okay. Helen sent me her address."

"We can get a cab to there then."

"She said that the cars would be going to the church from her house."

"That's fine. Alex, how are you going to cope without us?"

"I'll just sleep or something. I'll text you both or something." I nod and carry on drinking.

I'm a bit like a zombie lately, looking like one and acting like one. I haven't really talked unless someone started a conversation with me, I've eaten a little. I just don't want to do anything.

Alex said it'd get better, I hope to god it does.

*

I turn the page of the book and sigh. Alex looks at me from across the room.

"You alright?"

"Yeah." I shrug and turn my attention back to the book, he turns his back to the TV.

"What are you reading?" He asks.

"The girl with the dragon tattoo. For about the millionth time. It's my favourite. I wanted to get a tattoo like hers."

"Nothing's stopping you." He shrugs

"One day." I carry on reading. Jack passes me a glass of water. He's been taking care of me, more than usual. I don't know what I'd do without him.

"Don't you have to speak at the goodbye?" Jack asks. He knows not to say funeral.

"Oh yeah." I put the book down and search for paper and a pen.

Wynter was my Mr Confident....

_________________________________________

Sorry it's short.

I left it on a bit of a cliffhanger.

I'm evil.

I've been getting myself emotion for the last few chapters. Eek. I'm not really emotional. I guess I know my own limits, so I do what would make me emotional and see how others react.

The next chapter is gonna be skipped to the airport