|23|Two girls two hours and four bags|

| Ember |

Song: Under A Paper Moon - All Time Low

Jack: morning sis, everything okay? x

Me: morning! Everything's fine. I've just ate and we're gonna go for a girly shopping trip in a bit!

Jack: don't spend too much! Haha. Have fun!

Me: love you bro

Jack: love you too, don't be home too late, my parents are coming and my siblings.

Me: I can't wait to see May and Joe! And your parents too.

Jack: haha. You remembered. I'll see you later!

Yes I remembered, it's kind of hard to forget your second family. I spent most of my childhood in the same house as them.

"Let's get dressed then." Cassie smiles and I follow her up the stairs, then go into the spare room where I left my stuff. I shower quickly then put on my checkered shirt and white tank top, then tuck them into a black skater skirt. I figured Cassie looks girly a lot of the time, why can't I? I also had a feeling someone was coming over later, so dress to impress? I quickly dry my hair, then straighten it.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure Cass." She opens the door and sits on the bed.

"You look nice."

"Thanks. I know it's not that often I dress girly, so I thought why not? And I can read Jack's mind so I knew someone was coming over later."

"It suits you."

"I might try it more often then. You look nice too." She's wearing a pale blue sun dress, with a big cardigan and sandals.

"You should, now let's go. Paint the town remember?" I laugh and put on my black converse. I grab my black leather bag and hang it on my shoulder.

"Money, check. Phone, check. Sorted. Let's go." Cass locks the front door and we walk, she said it wasn't too long. "I better call my friend Wynter later, check up on him."

"Do it after we get back."

"I will." We walk into the mall.

"I told you it was close." She sticks her tongue out at me and we laugh.

"You look so childish when you do that."

"I am childish." She drags me into a shop and I look around. I have a feeling I'm going to be tired by the end of this.

*

Two hours, and four bags later, I'm sat in a small coffee shop with Cass.

"My feet hurt." I moan and take a sip of my smoothie.

"Get used to it. If you're my best friend, expect shopping trips."

"I'm dreading you and Rian getting married then." I laugh. "Do you think he's gonna propose soon?"

"I don't know. I'm not too bothered by it. He's got a busy life, I trust him, it'll happen sooner or later. We're happy as we are now."

"You are cute. I want a relationship like that."

"It'll happen. Patience." She breathes deeply and I laugh. "What about you and Alex?"

"I told you, we stopped talking. That's it. He's not good for me."

"You don't know that."

"Seriously whatever Cass."

"It'll happen and like soon. My girl instincts are telling me this."