|50|I do|

| Alex |

My palms are sweating. I'm even more of a nervous wreck than I was when I proposed. Damn. This girl gets me like this. I adjust my tie and clear my throat. Jack is stood next to me, murmuring stuff like 'sex' for no reason at all. He's as nervous as I am, why? He's not the one getting married. The room is packed, full of my friends, family from all of us. It's ridiculous. My parents and Joyce are sat on the front row, Jack's dad is with Ember, the guys are at the front too. I look back to see Vic smiling, holding hands with his girlfriend Mae. They look happy together as well. I turn back to Jack and we start to talk quietly. Music starts to play, and I know Ember is here.

*

"You may now kiss the bride." I smile. Finally, how long have I been waiting for this? She looks beautiful. She always does.

"Missed me?" She taunts.

"More than you'd know, Mrs Gaskarth."

"I like that." She smiles and kisses me again. People are cheering. Of course Mike and Tony are whooping, they're is trouble. Mae and Cass are talking, Cass is tearing up. My parents look proud, so do Joyce and Basaam. Ember's actual parents are somewhere here, but she was clear she didn't want them to be involved. She's really short tempered lately. Sick and short tempered. How have I not put this together? I'm only getting my hopes up. Oh well. Focus on this for now. I'm married to Ember. I never looked at another girl when I saw her. No one compares. I call Vic and Mae over.

"Em, this is Vic and Mae."

"Hey." Em and Mae say at the same time, they laugh. Vic and I are stood on the side, watching our partners proudly, admiring them. I can see the way he look at her. That's how I'd look at Ember. They start to talk.

"She's a great girl." Vic elbows me and wiggles his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Amazing. I'd keep Mae if I were you. I see the way you look at her."

"She's beautiful." Vic looks over his shoulder to her. "I'm sort of stuck with her now. See the thing on her finger, the shiny thing." He laughs.

"I know. I get it." I laugh too. "She's real nice."

"Anyway, today is about you and Ember."

"She's a fan."

"I think she must've gone past it by now, surely. Bands are a part of her now."

"They sure are."

| Ember |

"I'm rubbish at this," Alex clears his throat and everyone listens. "I'd just like to say that I'm the happiest man alive right now. Nothing could change that. I've got Ember, my family, my friends, fans. We were separated twice, once for a few weeks, that was bad. But before I proposed, it was at least two months, it was agony. Seeing her going around normally, I had to pretend I was okay, when I really wasn't. I don't have to worry at all now. I love you so much, Em." He's tearing up. I wipe the tear forming in his eye and kiss his cheek.

"So, my best friend and my sister are married." Jack starts. "It's insane. What brother would want that? I'm insane, right? It'd be impossible to keep them apart anyway. I'm just happy for them. Alex deserved a happy ending after all the chicks that've used him for his money, his fame. Everything. Ember deserved someone better than that cheat, Max or something. He was messed up." People laugh. "I can tell I've got to live with this mushy stuff now, and I'll have go deal with it. The house is big enough for me to run away anyway. So I'm safe." People laugh again and Jack sits down. It's now or never I guess.

"Uhm, I know this isn't traditional, but I have to say this." A deep breath. Loud and clear. "I'm just so happy. Like over the moon right now. I'm married to the only man in the world, he's my everything. But I have some news, no I don't already want a divorce." Alex laughs. "This is serious though Alex."

"Okay." He takes his arm from the back of his chair and sits up, to look at me straight in the eyes.

"How does daddy Gaskarth sound?" I smile.

"No." A huge grin spreads across his face.

"Yes. We are gonna have a baby, Alex." I nod.

"Oh my god!" He exclaims and kisses me. "That's why you've been so short tempered and sick."

"Finally piecing the puzzle together. You have no idea how many times I almost told you." I laugh. "Cass knew, she was there when I found out. I thought it'd be a good surprise."

"It is." He kisses me again, before looking down at my stomach. "We better tell the fans."

'Alex liked his surprise! We are gonna be parents! In about 7 more months, there's gonna be a baby in our lives! Happy to finally say 'I do' and we couldn't be better!' I tweet.

'Ember has just told me I'm going to be a father! That's insane! Meaning Jack is going to be the most inappropriate uncle EVER. I'm so happy, there's no one else I'd be doing this with. I love you Em.'

His parents seem proud, his mom won't stop smiling. She hugs me.

"You took my fool of a boy back. You've made him happy. Well done." Tears are in my eyes. I'm not even joking. It's terrible. It's too much! In a good way. Never did I think this would be happening. I didn't even know if we'd be friends. And now we're married and expecting a child? It's beyond perfect. I didn't think happy endings were real. It's as simple and as cliche as that.

His mothers words are echoing in my head. I took him back. Why? Because I love him. It's that simple.

*

I look up to him and smile, wrapping my arms around his neck. He looks less pale in the dimming light, but I'm pale anyway. He puts his hands on my hips.

"We got through it." He kisses me.

"I know. I love you, Alex William Gaskarth."

"I love you too, Ember Grace." I kiss him again.

"You took my fool of a boy back. You've made him happy. Well done."

The End.

_________________________________

So that's the end of backseat serenade! It's been so fun writing this!

I'm writing another fic! It's the story of Vic and Mae! It's the only other one on my page. Read it please!

I was nearly crying at this. And I don't cry that much. Damn.

I might do an epilogue and bonus chapters if they are requested. Hmm. If you want more, just tell me!

Thanks for reading this and putting up with my randomness.

Just thanks! 630+ reads when this was finished! can we get more?

I love you all!

One last time

~ Holly