|18|Coffee Shop Cool Kids|

| Jack |

Song: Yeah Boy and Doll Face - Pierce The Veil

I tossed and turned all night. I had too much on my mind. Not a good thing.

I normally have food and women on my mind.

But I had all this complicated shit about Alex and Ember. It's not my problem. Why am I bothered?

Uhm, because it's my sister. Duh.

I get out of bed and go to Alex's room.

"Wake up dude." I say and jump on his bed.

"Get off. Go away." He pulls the blanket over his head. I pull it back down. His face looks red and his breathing is hitched. Has he been crying? Nah, not Alex. He hardly cries. I put the blanket back over him.

"Get up, douchebag. I'm making breakfast. Throw the left overs in my seat." I tell him and laugh a little. He cracks a small, forced smile. What's wrong with him? This isn't the Alex I know. I go downstairs and choose to make pancakes, his favourite. That should cheer him up. I think while I'm cooking. He hasn't been acting like this for long. Since yesterday. Is it Ember?

Come on, I know she's a bitch, but she can't get him that bad.

Yes, I just called my sister a bitch. But I'm allowed to. It's the brothers code.

All I'm saying is, Ember is a tease. She'll pull you along for a while, walk you on a leash.

But if she's mad, she will stay mad with you.

So that's what's happening.

Alex comes down the stairs and sits on the counter. His face is a little less red.

"Are you okay?" I ask and plate up the pancakes.

"Fine." He snaps a little too soon. "Why wouldn't I be?" He asks with a bitter sweet tone.

"No reason." I pass him the plate and a cup of coffee, which he swallows in pretty much one huge gulp. He looks at the plate. "Your favourite."

"Thanks." He smiles a little and sits on his couch. Yeah, he's not himself. Those pancakes would be gone by now. I sit in my seat and check for any food thrown there. All clear. I turn on the TV and start to eat, sometimes looking at Alex. He's picking at the food and pushing it around the plate. Yeah, he's definitely not okay.

"Do you wanna do something today?" I ask.

"I think I'm just gonna go for a run or something."

"Oh, okay." I look down. He puts his plate away and goes upstairs.

I don't know if it's best just to leave him.

Let him cope with it his way.

He's just missing her. And for her to say that, I'd be messed up too.

They'll make up.

She'll have to give in.

I've just gotta watch him, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

Me: hey sis. How are you?

Ember: good!

Me: calmed Down.

Ember: not with Alex. Grr.

Me: you'll make up.

Ember: idk. Got to go to work and then hand in my notice. Should be good. Haha.

Me: have fun! See you tomorrow! Your tickets should come today and my friend will be there tonight!

Ember: okay. Bye bro :*