|29|Ella's Grudge|

| Ella |

Song: Last Resort - Papa Roach (Sort of Fits and I like it)

"Morning Ella." Ash smiles. I scowl and go to the fridge.

"Someone on their period?" Farrah teases.

"Shut up." I make myself a glass of juice and lean against the fridge.

"Hi guys." Wynter comes through the door. "Hi Ella." He smiles and looks away, turning his attention to my brother and Farrah. Well of course, he's only here for them.

"Morning Wynter." I blush. He just raises his eyebrows and starts to talk to the guys.

"How's Ember anyway?" He asks. Of course. I shrug. "I'll call her later or something." He pulls his sleeves down. Did he cut again? It's not my business anyway.

"I don't care." I finally say.

"I thought you two were best friends." Farrah says, clearly confused. "Someone has a grudge."

"She's got her new best friend Cassadee."

"She still is friends with you. She can't not do anything with anyone. It's expected." Ash chimes in. "They have stuff in common, the band, they sing themselves, they live near eachother. It's just expected. They've probably got more in common than that."

"Whatever."

"Stop. Okay." Wynter says. "It's okay. Ella, she's allowed to be friends with other people. She hasn't forgotten about me? Has she?"

"Why don't you shut up? She was doing something with Cassadee the other night, she went out for dinner with her then. It's all she talks about!"

"Speaking of Ember," Wynter smiles and pulls his phone out of his pocket. "I'll be back in a bit."

| Wynter |

"Hey, Mr Confident. We're steering clear of the blades right?" She asks.

"I sure am after I told you about the last time."

"Good. I want you to be happy."

"Thanks, Em."

"Got a girlfriend yet?" She asks.

"Nah. I'm not interested in anyone at the moment."

"I'm sure I can hook you up with someone."

"I said I'm alright." I laugh. "It's my sisters anniversary date tomorrow."

"Oh." Her voice drops. "I'm so sorry, Wynter."

"It'll be 3 years."

"You've made it this long, you can make it. You're amazing okay?"

"Okay." I'm really not. I hate myself. I could've stopped her. "I've gotta go now anyway. They might just kill me if I take too long."

"That's fine. Nice to talk to you again. I'll text you tomorrow."

"Bye."

I can't keep my promise. It's already too much. I have nothing to live for anyway.

"What's keeping you?" Ash asks as he pokes his head round the door.

"Nothing, brah. I'm coming." I try to smile and I follow him out of the door. Ella storms past me, nudging my shoulder and racing up the stairs. Wow. What rattled her cage? I'm sure it's nothing, just Ella being Ella. That's one of the negatives of being best friends with Ash, you get the whiplash of his grumpy sister. She can be cruel when she wants to.

I have no idea why she was saying all of that about Ember, she couldn't have expected them to stay best friends, or expected her to not talk to literally anyone.

Ella is just gonna have to grow up a bit and deal with it.

I know I sound really harsh, but it's true.

Ember is making a life for us all, so what if she leaves us behind? As long as my sister, I mean, Ember is okay.

So what if she leaves me behind, she already has...

| Ember |

"Who you speaking to this time then?" Jack asks as he leans over my shoulder and then decides to rest his chin on my head.

"Wynter."

"Oh, the boy who you met after we left."

"Yeah, him. I feel like I've known him forever."

"Maybe you were meant to be friends then. Feeling that is a good thing right?"

"I guess so." I shrug. "Now get off me, your chin is hurting me."

"Sorry sis." He slaps my shoulder.

"Ow. You like abusing me don't you." I tease. He laughs.

"I guess I have to go to the grocery store."

"Okay. Have fun." I say. No way is he dragging me along. I'm relaxing today.

"Lazy bitch." He murmurs.

"You what?" I call after him, I purse my lips to stop myself from laughing.

"Nothing. I shall see you later dear sister." He shuts the door. Bye bye!

Problem.

Very big problem.

Like an Alex sized problem. Yes. Alex.

Jack left me along with the one and only Alex Gaskarth. It can't be too bad, we are friends right? He's in his bedroom, so long as he stays up there, it'll be fine.

Plan failed. I hear him coming down the stairs. Keep cool. It can't be that bad, right?

"Hi Alex." I smile. Look at me! Starting conversations!

"Hi Ember." We don't call each other by nicknames anymore. I don't know why. He sits down in his seat, I'm still in Jack's.

This is gonna be long and awkward....