|21|Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair|

| Ember |

Song: Remembering Sunday - All Time Low (This Song Is Perfect For This Chapter)

I can't forgive Alex. I really can't. I know he's bad for me. He's a rockstar, girls are throwing themselves at him. I can't be alone with him. It's as simple as that. I don't even know if I can be his friend. It'd hurt me to know that I'd blew my chances.

He'll be fine without me. Most people are. I don't know why Jack asked me to move in with him, it's pointless. He'd be better off without me, like Alex. They don't realise it yet, but they are.

It's 8am and I slept through the whole night. I get up and decide to go for a walk. I put on some black sweatpants, a plain blue shirt and some converse. I keep my hair in the ponytail that it's gone into.

"Jack, I'm going for a walk." I grab my phone and go downstairs.

"You'll get lost."

"I have a good memory."

"Looks like it's about to rain though.''

"I don't care." I slam the door behind and me and start to walk. I scroll through my social network, nothing new really. I text Ella.

Me: hey gurrll!

Ella: well, hello there! How are you? How's Baltimore?

Me: it's good so far. I'm avoiding Alex.

Ella: why? :(

Me: he's bad for me. I'll call you later about it.

Ella: Kk x

I put my phone in my back pocket as I get to a park. I yawn and start to jog. I could've done with a shower to wake me up. Oh well. I pick up the pace and run.

*

The sky gets darker and rain slowly starts to fall. One thing about me, I love rain. Everyone starts to leave, but I sit on the bench, waiting for it to get heavier. I'm definitely not disappointed. I take the hair tie out and run my fingers through my hair. I let the rain wash it. It's what I needed. Tears of happiness roll down my cheeks. I'm laughing.

Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair and out of my mind.

I slouch down on the bench.

"Are you okay? You're gonna catch your death." Someone asks from behind me.

"Not such a bad thing." I tie my hair back up.

"I'm guessing you like rain?"

"I sure do." I sigh and turn around to see a girl around my age, looking quite worried. "Can I help you? Because I certainly can't give you directions, I've only just moved here."

"No. I don't need directions. I came to see if you were okay. You seemed upset."

"I've never been better." I smile. "No. I'm not insane. You need to know the reasons to this." She laughs.

"I guess there's a method behind the madness."

"So yeah. I guess I better go. I might catch my death."

"It's just my brothers saw you and they were worried."

"No I'm fine." I get up and start to walk. She catches up.

"You're gonna get a cold. At least let me give you a ride home."

"Promise not to kidnap me?" I ask.

"Promise. I'll get my brother to move out of the front seat." We laugh and walk to her car. "What's your name anyway?"

"Ember." I say quietly as a guy gets out of the front for me.