|12|If these sheets were the states. 2|

| Alex |

Song: If These Sheets Were The States - All Time Low

"Now this is where it gets awkward." Ember jokes and cringes a little.

"It's been great meeting you Ember, eventhough we did argue at first."

"It's all good, we're still best friend bitches." She laughs. "Proud of that. Just come up with it."

"You should be." I hug her. I'm trying not to cry. I don't want to leave her. "Don't forget me or what I'm going to say to you now."

"I'm listening." She look up to me while I'm still hugging her.

"You're beautiful, amazing and talented. Don't forget it and don't let anyone tell you other wise. I'm not going to soon forget a face like yours, nor do I want to. I'll arrange for you to fly to Baltimore soon. I promise. You can stay with me and Jack." I'm choking up a little. This is so hard. "I'm so glad I met you because I..." I start. "I seriously fucking love you, Ember. It's been two weeks and I already know that. It's a best friend love you're thinking of. I mean it more than that." I kiss her head.

"Stop, Alex. You're making this harder. Say it next time I see you."

"Okay. I will. I'll see you soon, ember. I'll text you later. And I'll start looking for some flights for you."

"Bye Alex. I'll see you soon." I let go of her walk to the rest of them, who have disappeared through a door to security.

*

And she's gone. It's as quick and painful as that, like ripping off a bandage. I don't know when I'll see her. I don't know if she'll forget me. Or move on. I don't know if she'll wait that long. What if she doesn't? How will she cope living alone? I mean, she can't go back to her family. She broke up with her ex, (thank god.) And she really only has Ella, because she fell out with her old one. I know she'll stay strong. And I know I have feelings for her. I'm an idiot for not saying it sooner.

*

I pull up the strap on my backpack and look to the guys ahead. Jack is a little down, but everyone else seems happy to be going home.

"It's sad to say bye to her. I'm gonna miss my little sis." Jack pouts. "I'm not gonna let anyone lay a finger on her." He says sternly. Game over then. Great, he was trying to put us together and now he's not letting anyone go near her. Sucks.

"C'mon Alex." Zack says and hangs behind for a minute. "We all love her, I mean she's Jack's little sister, how could we not? But I do know that it's hard for you. Especially now that Jack's playing the protective big brother role. But it'll be alright."

"Yeah. I know. I keep telling myself it'll be alright, but it's becoming useless." I look at my feet.

"Let's go get a drink," Zack starts and smiles a little. "My treat."

"Just a coffee. I need something to wake me up." He laughs a little.

"Two coffees coming up. If they want a coffee, they can stick it. I'm not paying for all of them. It's overpriced." We both laugh and I wait for him.

"It'll be alright man." Rian puts his arm around me. "Me and Cassie are still going strong."

"Jack's putting on the protective big brother though." I tell him.

"Well then. You're just gonna have to persuade him." I look to Jack, Rian and Cassie go and sit with him on those uncomfortable chairs. I roll my eyes. This is gonna be so hard. And it's only been like ten minutes! Ugh!