𝟹.

Barbara's POV
It was already about one in the morning when I finished the questions with Jason. I told him I would see him tomorrow because I was very tired now. Leaving the building, I bump into Officer Martinez. "That took a while, do you have another complicated one in your hands?" She asks me and I sigh. "Something like that. He admitted to doing it," I say and she raises her eyebrows in surprise.

"Yeah... but, I believe he has a personality disorder. However, he also has a side to him that seems just normal. He's been through a lot, and I can't determine just yet if, I want him in jail, in an asylum, or to be put back in the real world and not let him be charged because of his personality disorder. If I help him get better, we can't put him in an asylum, he won't need it. But we can't put him in jail because he had the disorder during the murder..." I say now realizing this is going to be a difficult case.

"I have a feeling I can help him, but if I do that, I don't know if I can release him in the free world, I can't determine if he's trustworthy, it's complicated," I say and she shakes her head. "Well, do what you gotta do. Maybe he won't get better, and he'll be put into the asylum," she says and I nod my head. "It's my goal to always help my patients, but normally they have mental disorders like schizophrenia, so it's an easy case, I admit them to a mental hospital and get them a psychiatrist to get help. But I've never had a patient with this disorder..." I say.

"You'll figure it out Palvin," she tells me calling me by the nickname she gave me, even though my last name is changed, I just nod my head. "Alright, well I'll let you get home, see you tomorrow, have a great day" I tell her and we wave to each other bye.

***

Arriving to my front door, I unlock it and make a frown when the house was completely dark. Normally Justin would wait for me in the living room, until I'd get home so we could watch a movie together while we ate dinner, but I guess not tonight since it was really late. Walking up the stairs, I shiver as the house was cold. I pass my room to check on my twins, and I see my son Jackson was awake. I quietly open the door and I walk in to not wake up my daughter Melanie.

"Sweetheart it's late, what are you doing awake?" I ask him and he tells me he could not sleep because I was not home yet. "I kept asking dad if you were okay and he said yes, but I was still scared," he tells me and I give him a hug as I then plant a kiss on his head. "Mommy is always okay," I whisper back and he nods his head. "I'm really sleepy," he mumbles and I softly laugh. "I'll let you sleep then," I say and he comfortably lays down.

"Good night," I whisper and he tells me the same as I then give him a kiss on the cheek. I leave the room and close the door. Walking down the hall, I then open my room door, and I see Justin sleeping, his tired face was turned to me making me smile.

I set my things down on my desk, and I walk over to my dresser and get a clean pair of underwear and a sweater. I then get a towel from my door hanger and I walk into the restroom to take a shower.

Feeling the warm water hitting my skin, I let out of breath in relief. I wash off the conditioner from my hair and I turn the water faucet making the water shut off.

After getting dressed and combing my wet hair, I flicker the light off and I open the bathroom door. Walking to the bed, I slip under the bedsheets. Turning to Justin, I scoot close to his chest and cover myself with the blanket. He then wraps his arm around me and he kisses my forehead. "You came home so late babe, what happened?" He asks me sleepily as he puts a section of my hair behind my ear. He then plants a kiss on my nose.

"Just had a difficult patient," I say and he clears his throat. "I told you not to work with crazy people," he mumbles and I playfully shove him making him laugh. "They're not crazy Justin," I say laughing and he gently opens his eyes as he pulls my head into his chest once he's sees my angry face.