Chapter 11

"Let's get this show on the road!" Mom exclaims from her seat in the large recliner beside the couch.

"I still can't believe you didn't come get us," Jacey grumbles, leaning against my legs as she sits in front of me.

"The storm was really bad," I yawn. Now that I'm showered and sitting between Ali and Andy on the couch I'm having to fight the exhaustion to even be awake for the movie. Even so, sitting here between my two best friends, with my family, about to introduce them all to Rosie, all is right with the world.

"This is definitely a lot easier," Ali laughs. "I got to sleep in here, warm and comfortable, while you guys spent all night awake in a cold barn."

I glance over at Ali and she gives me a little wink while everyone else is staring at the TV waiting for something to happen. I give her a little tired grin, I know she suspects something is going on.

Andy had been fiddled with our TV and his phone while I took my shower and had apparently used the app on his phone to compile all of the clips from the night into a little movie. Now, Andy hits play and I relax back into the comfy sofa watching as my little Rosie is born.

For only having about a hour to get the whole thing edited it was pretty amazing. The intro is a still shot of Rosie, Treasure and me while they were still laying down. Then it moved to the footage of us talking about what was going on, followed by the actual birth; which had light music playing in the background. The only things that didn't have music were the times when Andy and I were talking.

"Are you crying?" Grant asks.

"No," I say, actually reaching a hand up to my face to double check.

"Not now, in the video."

"Oh, probably," I smile; I'm barely able to keep my eyes open. Everyone seems to really enjoy the little movie, but I'd have to watch it some other time to really take it in.

I wake up hours later, laying on the downstairs couch

I wake up hours later, laying on the downstairs couch. It's still raining outside and it sounds as though everyone is upstairs. There is no way we'll have lessons today unless Mom decides to replace them with a barn lesson. I wander up the stairs to brush my teeth and see what everyone is up to.

Everyone is scattered around the upstairs den when I walk in. The twins, Emily, and Joey are playing Clue while Ali sat at the desktop with her laptop pulled out. Andy is laying on the couch reading "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".

"Wow," I say pausing to lean over the back of the couch.

Andy lowers the book and our faces are only about a foot apart. "What?" he asks.

"Way to read a book I read when I was like their age," I grin with a nod towards the twelve year olds.

"You're always talking about how much better the books are. I was dying to see what was so amazing about them," Andy smiles back at me. "Then it turned out to be pretty decent," he continues, unwaveringly gazing up at me.