Chapter 15

"I'm going to break my ankle," I joke as I step into my heels. "I don't do this whole high heels thing enough," I laugh.

"Can you zip me up? I can't reach," Autumn asks, turning so I can reach the back of her deep turquoise dress.

"I love this dress by the way," I tell her as I pull up the zipper. "I know I said that when you bought it, but it bears repeating."

Autumn and I walk over to the mirror for one final look. She looks so pretty with her red hair curled and twisted into an elegant low up-do. The deep turquoise dress has a stunningly high-neck lace beaded bodice with a deep V in the back. I'm wearing a royal blue A-line dress with delicate beading around my waist. My hair is curly and pinned in a low side ponytail.

"I'm so jealous your dress has pockets," Autumn sighs as I slip my lipstick into one of them.

"Want me to carry your phone?" I ask with a laugh.

"Nope, that's what Oliver has pockets for. It's way too much fun making your date carry your lipstick and phone all night," Autumn giggles as she walks to her bedroom door. "Come on," she says with a dramatic sigh, "our adoring public awaits." She pretend to be annoyed but it's nice to have her mom upstairs waiting for us so she can eww and ahh over us. "Oliver texted me that they will be here in about five minutes," Autumn says, answering my next question before I can even get it out.

"Perfect," I smile, I've never been one for dances but I'm so excited about this one. "Kristen should be here any minute," I tell her.

We spend the next fifteen minutes with parents taking a million pictures; grouping us, rearranging us, moving us to new locations.

"I never want to be famous," I laugh as they move us to take pictures under a tree. There are so many parents there snapping pictures I feel like I'm getting a glimpse of red carpet life. Not only is Autumn's mom here, but so it Andy's, who is all smiles and teary eyes because we're "just so grown up" and "soooo cute together". Kristen's dad and Ben's mom are here saying their own versions of the same statements, and Oliver's sister is giving him a hard time about the goofy faces he keeps pulling every time she tries to take a picture.

While everyone is focused on Ben and Kristen, Andy pulls me aside. "I just wanted to tell you, you look perfect," he says grinning down at me.

"Thanks," I blush.

"With all of this insanity I realized I hadn't had a chance to say it yet." Andy glances around then leans down and kisses me.

"Got it!" Oliver's sister yells from across the yard. Willow jogs over and shows us the picture of our kiss. "I'll make sure you get this," she grins.

"Will you PLEASE tell us where we are going now?" I ask when we're finally exiting the house.

"You know what," Oliver says, "I think it's a nice night for a walk."

"Are you trying to kill us?" Kristen laughs. "We're horse girls we don't do heels."

"I second that," I say laughing.

Despite our protests all three guys stride ahead of us, "Come on, we've got the keys so you don't REALLY have a choice," Ben laughs.

"Death," Autumn groans. "It's like he thinks that since we've been dating for a year I won't murder him. He's wrong. I'll kill him with this high heel."

"Wait," I stop walking and the two girls turn around to look at me. "What if we're walking to dinner. Guys, we're one block from downtown."

"You could at least let us catch up," I call as I carefully speed up. Now that they know we're catching on the guys stop walking.