The New Normal

Liam

Phoebe sleeps soundly beside me with her dark brown hair flown about her pillow and her chin open so that her drool flows out of her mouth onto the bed. She is so beautiful. I love the messy hair and the drool because it is all mine for the rest of my life. I can't believe the wedding is so soon. Between all the wedding planning and the false Cambridge lead, my head is going to explode soon. I have a daughter, son, and a soon-to-be wife to take care of; I need Cambridge caught soon so that I can sleep all night for once. And we are looking for a bigger place on top of literally everywhere else. True this is a fairly new house but I want my married life to start in a place where Grant hasn't had sex with my wife. Phoebe toss and turns next to me and I gently massage her back. She is so strong all the time! I wish she would let her guard down and let me take care of these things. Like with this whole Grey Publishing thing, She asks for my advice and instead goes straight to her mother and accuses her of knowing of the sexual harassment charges. Of course, Ana was upset, who wouldn't be? Now I have an upset mother in law a couple of weeks before my wedding... This should go well.

My thoughts are cut short by the sound of Luna crying and Phoebe jolts up immediately. What people say is true, mamma bear syndrome is real. "Luna !" She squeals.

"Phee I got this sleep." I kiss her softly and she flops back over to sleep. Walking upstairs I see that Damon is up and in Luna's room already. Hovering over her crib trying to touch her. "Hey buddy, what are you doing there?"

He looks up frustrated, "She was crying, I wanted to make sure the bad man wasn't her and she held out her hand to me like she wanted to be held. "

Poor guy, I forgot how messed up this whole thing must be for him. I am glad that he loves her so deeply. Already such a protective brother. "Hey Damon, come here." I gesture him towards the couch by Lu's crib and pick him up to sit with me on the plush couch. "I know this must have been really hard for you but I won't let the bad man hurt anyone anymore. This is my family to protect."

"Is daddy gonna leave again because you are marrying mommy?" I sure hope not. I just got my best friend back.

For Damon this must be so confusing because Damon must want his parents together and now his dad is dating his Aunt "No buddy, he loves spending time with you. And I think Auntie Ava is making him want to settle."

"She is good to him." Smart kid.

"Yes, she is."

"How did they meet?"

"Well, Ava has been with Phoebe forever because they are cousins..."

"No, mom and dad how did they meet? "

Oh... Phoebe never told him what happened and now he's expecting answers. I kinda wish it wasn't at 2 in the morning but what can you do. "Well one night, your dad and I got asked to go to this charity gala and Grant made them agree to give the money they were gonna give us to charity. Anyway, when we got there that night he pointed her out as she was walking down the stairs. It was magical like this beautiful love came over him. She started to sing because Gabe, Teddy's husband, needed her to help him out. Your dad swore that he was gonna get know her. "

He smiles like he's pleased with this story. "Why did it end? No one ever told me..."

I try to keep my sigh inside but it slips right out. How am I supposed to tell a five-year-old that your dad was a scared teenager and he left because Phoebe told him to? "Look, Your mom and your dad that is all so complicated but at the end of the day, they both love you very much. They always have. You're lucky, my parents never showed that kind of love for me.."

"They didn't ?" He is so much like Phoebe, always so interested in knowing absolutely everything.

"My parents hated each other. We don't speak."

"You're my new dad ?"

"Ha! Babe I am not replacing Grant, just lending more loving hands. And now you have a beautiful baby sister. "

"I will always love her I promise. I'll never leave."

I pull Damon toward me and squeeze him tightly. And I'll never leave you either, I think to myself.

Phoebe

When I wake I smell pancakes and coffee, Liam always wants to start up breakfast and take care of us. I grab my robe and to my surprise Grant and Teddy sit at the table, Grant feeding Damon and Teddy holding Luna. "Well, what are you two doing here?" They all stare at me and Teddy puts Luna back in her crib.

"Phoebe Alex has been found..." Teddy starts but stops when Grant shoots him a glare.

"Okay, where is she ?"

No one speaks for a long moment and finally, Liam speaks, "She is intensive care, she was found in her doctor boyfriends apartment almost beaten to a pulp..." I silence him and point at Damon.

"I am just gonna spy on you guys anyways." Damon squeaks.

"Well, the kid is like his mom." I squint at Teddy and sit at the table with others. If it was Cambridge he would have made sure she was dead. Violence doesn't seem like him.

Liam pushes the file from the crime scene photos near me. Alex was found just outside the apartment with bruisesall over her face and neck. This is far to messy for him. He has a calculated plan and he was never about violence.  "It wasn't Cambridge."

"Why not?" Teddy asks.

"Think about it; Alex and I were together that night, he wanted to drug me not beat me. He isn't like that. We need to talk to that boyfriend."

Liam and Grant shoot each other a look of worry and Damon continues to munch on his granola and pancakes. "Phee, we can't find him. The responding officers say he's no where to be found."

"Well then my future husband and baby daddy,  where the fuck is your skank of a sister?"

Grant picks up Damon and Tells Teddy to take him to wash hus hands. He then sits right next to me and squeezes my hand. His beautiful copper eyes look deep into mine but there is something wrong. He's been up for hours, I can tell. "We can't find her either Phoebe but I think I know where she is or Liam thinks he knows..."

Still holding Grant's shaking hand , I look at Liam, "Where is she?"

"Home..." he whispers.

***********************************

Hey guys! What do you guys think Devina and Doctor have to do with this?
If you liked this chapter vote it please!!!
Thanks for reading