The BAU

LIAM

I can tell that Phoebe is extremely pissed off with the agents. They are blocking us from the investigation that much is fucking obvious. We stand in front of Elena Lincoln's office space with 3 agents describing their jurisdiction to us for the fifth time but I know my girl and she is not going to give into them. We have been so involved in this that there is no way we are gonna give up now. 

"Ms. Grey, no offense but you are not an actual detective?" Agent Burk snaps at her, putting emphasis on the Ms part of her name. 

Phoebe rolls her eyes at me and sassily puts her hands on her hips, she is about to lose it I know it. "I will be Mrs. Grey- Calloway you dickwad, and did you guys even get invited in on this case by Seattle PD?"

Agent Burk looks to the other agent with him who pulls out a small black notebook and shakes his head no. "Not yet, but we will be." 

"Well then," Phoebe pats him on the shoulder and turns to walk to the entrance sassily waving her hips side to side, "YOU WORK UNDER US ASSFACE." 

I tried to hide my laughter but I fail miserably and give them back their warrant they angrily shoved in my hands a few moments beforehand. "This way gentlemen." 

We walk through the front and everything seems incredibly minimal for some reason. I would think a millionaire would be living it large in her office but instead there in two white leather chairs in the waiting room, no receptionist, a sad coffee maker in the corner of the room, and the walls are bare. 

Phoebe stands at the receptionist desk and rings the little silver bell over and over but no one answers, "What do you think is going on?" 

"I have no clue." 

Agent Burk points his men to the cabinet space in the middle of the room and they begin searching, "What the fuck are you guys doing?" I yell at them. 

"Searching the premises Calloway." 

"Okay well, your warrant says you can search her actual office not the entire office space, but hey if you want to get written up go for it." 

Agent Burk angrily dismisses his agents from searching and instead, they are ordered to go outside and keep watch for anyone coming into the office. Phoebe goes behind the receptionist desk and pulls out a big binder labeled The Phonebook. Phoebe sits at the desk and begins to go through it, "Why is no one here?" She murmurs as she begins to flip through all the pages. 

"I don't know but Phoebe we can't just go through everything, I just told them not to." 

"They are FBI so they have a boss to answer to, I don't." My stubborn lady is always doing as she pleases but with this case, we can't just do whatever. We need to play by the book to make sure Cambridge is going down and everyone who helped him go down as well. I rip the binder from her hands and shove it back into the desk, "What the hell?" 

"We can't do what we want, we have to do everything right on this one." 

She rolls her eyes at me again except this time it is not someone else pissing her off it is me.  

We make our way through the office with Agent Burk right behind us. The rest of the office space is very similar to the lobby where everything is so bare and dull. Nothing is fancy or looks lived in. It almost looks like they are in the middle of a move. At the top of the stairs is a large glass door and inside is a petite older blonde woman sitting at a large dark wood desk. She's all alone and in front of a Macbook typing away not paying attention to the three people walking closer to her door. 

"Mrs. Lincoln?" 

She jumps at the sight of the three of us and pulls out a large black gun from her desk. All three of us throw our hands up in defense and she points directly at me and then at Phoebe but takes a double take when her eyes land on Phoebe. Her head cocks to the side and then begins to lower her weapon, "Anastasia?" She asks clearly confused. Does she have Alzheimer's? "Oh Anastasia, I am sorry you scared was all. Why are you here? Christian already signed the papers so he doesn't work with me anymore." 

Phoebe is completely caught off guard and doesn't answer but that doesn't stop Mrs. Lincoln from continuing to run around still waving around the gun in her lose hands. Agent Burk goes for his holster but Phoebe stops him before he pulls it, shaking her head no. Something isn't right here, she seems so disturbed, "She's drugged." I whisper to Phoebe and she nods in agreement. My eyes dart to Mrs. Lincoln running around the room frantically holding her weapon. She isn't pointing it at anyone right now but that could change in one split second. 

"Uh Elena, how are you doing today?" Phoebe asks. She didn't call her Mrs. Lincoln which is good because Ana wouldn't have. She needs to play the part to make sure Elena doesn't hurt herself. 

Elena's wrist begins to roll around still waving the gun around causing Agent Burk to grow more concerned holding his gun so he can be ready if she tries to shoot anyone, "Ana, I know that you hate me but did you have to ruin me? My business is over! I still don't understand why Christian picked you." 

Phoebe takes a deep sigh to control her anger and then walks closer to Elena. "Elena, I think we just need a fresh start; why don't you come with me and my friends back to my office so we can talk more?" 

"You would do that? I promise I will stay away from Christian!" She sounds like a begging child it is so concerning. I have no idea what she is on but she needs a hospital. I small stream of blood goes down the bottom of her face from her nose which makes me gasp. 

Phoebe notices as well so she goes into hug Elena taking the gun from her hand and ushering her to walk out with us. Agent Burk escorts her out and Phoebe is left holding and inspecting the gun. "We need to put the safety on." 

"It's a fucking prop gun." 

"What?" She hands it to me to inspect and she is right. There is no real metal in the gun, no space to put the bullets in, the only thing in it is some blanks. "Why have a prop gun?" 

"I have no idea but whoever drugged her fucked her up good. " 

"Let's get the police on here and contact her team to see if her business is failing as badly as she sounded. "

"I am gonna stay here and wait for the police, you go with Burk to the hospital and call me whenever you find out what she is on." 

"Okay be safe, love you." 

She gives me a sweet smile and then kisses my cheek, "Love you too, and remember we have a meeting with the wedding planner at 6 tonight so be at the house by then." 

"Of course." 

I leave her nervously but splitting up the work is the best strategy and to make sure that Agent Burk doesn't fuck us over with any of the details. 

PHOEBE

The forensic team meets me at the office half an hour later and I go through Elena's office with half the team. We don't find much except for some old files about the lease and some employment records. Nothing personal or really any details about what is going on with the business. Her computer was opened to my mom and dads wedding announcement from several years ago but why she felt the need to look this up is beyond me. 

My phone begins to vibrant, the office hopefully, it is news about anything involving Cambridge.

"Hello?"

"Mrs. Calloway, I wanted to tell you we looked into Mrs. Lincoln's business status and she was not doing poorly at all."

Why would she complain about my mother ruining her business if it was doing just fine? I am confused. Could the drugs have sent her back a few years in her mind? "What do you mean? This place is empty."

"That's because they are moving into a bigger office, she was expanding her salon business by forty percent. She wasn't a millionaire but she is getting close."

"Okay thank you."

What drug was she on that was so powerful she lost all sense of her reality? What year does she think it is? Why drug her and not just kill her? Cambridge is getting more devious by the second...