Wedding planning is a bitch

So sorry I haven't posted in a while. Going from Phoebe's to Auden's story has been hard! I love how close we are to getting to the Liam and Phoebe wedding!!!! Whose excited????

Also, make sure to vote and check out my new story Hard! 

********************************************************************************

LIAM

After a full day of meetings, I am now in another round of meetings for my wedding. Phoebe is off with Ava and Gabe trying on wedding dresses and I am stuck with the bitter Anastasia and Christian deciding on the final touches for the wedding. Have a small ceremony at Luna's tavern boat house sounded easy but turns our even a small wedding is a lot of planning. Christian is more helpful than Ana right now in the process as she is still angry with Phoebe for 1-saying she would hide sexual harassment suits and then 2- uninviting her to go with on the wedding dress hunt. Christian is walking Phoebe down the aisle of course and Grant, Matt, and Connor from the band will be my best men. Phoebe has Ava and Gabe on her side. I like everything we have chosen so far except for Christian's insisting that we release doves at my wedding. 

"Christian no!" 

His eyes role and look to Ana for help but she just waves him off, "I think it will be fantastic!"

"I don't want bird shit at my wedding! I think that is perfectly reasonable."

We already have the whole wedding planned out but Christian insists on these stupid wedding meetings. Since I am left alone this go around it makes it extremely more annoying. Lilies for flowers, the vanilla spice for a wedding cake, plus a side cheesecake for Phoebe since she hates cake. I wish she was here but picking out a wedding dress is important. I wanted her to invite her mom even if they are fighting but alas Phoebe is too stubborn to invite Ana.

Christian pulls out another binder and I check my watch, there is no way I am getting out of here on time. Cambridge's ex-wife is coming into the office in less than thirty minutes and instead of prepping all my intrusive questions, I am explaining to Christian why he can't invite his hairdresser.

I can tell that Ana is not as into this meeting as usual. She must feel gutted that she didn't get to go to her own daughter's wedding dress fitting. "Anastasia, I am sorry about this. I am sure Phoebe will get over everything eventually."

She wipes the little tears running down her face and I wonder how many tears she is hiding from us. Christian grabs her leg and squeezes it but continues to pick at our guest list. "I do not understand why she would just assume that I knew about sexual harassment cases. I thought HR had it handled."

Maybe because it is your company, I think to myself. "Phoebe just has a lot going on right now. You know that she is stubborn. You need to make the first move Ana." She wipes away another tear and Christian pulls out a manila folder. Fuck! How many things does he have to show me? "Look, why don't you just go see her? I am sure once you get there she will realize she wants you there."

Her face lights up and she stands to pick up her purse. "You know what? You're right! I am going to that girls dress fitting because I am her mother! Christian sent me the address!"

Christian turns as if he had no idea that she was talking in general. "What happened?"

I sink back into my chair and pray Phoebe won't kick out her mom from the dress shop.

Phoebe

I sit in the dressing room waiting for the stylist to come back with all the dresses myself and Ava picked out from outside. The silk robe they put me is cold and I am only in my underwear underneath it. The whole experience is very boring compared to tv shows. There is no fun montage music in the background to play as I try everything on and most importantly my mother isn't here. I uninvited her but I didn't think she would actually just not show up at all. She has talked about this experience forever now. The day I pick out my dress to start out the rest of my life with Liam. Something simple but not boring was my request for the old lady grabbing the gowns for me.

I grab the champagne from the little table next to me that they brought in earlier and down the whole thing. I need to pick a dress out today and not later. This is one of the last decisions before the wedding and my hopes that it would distract me from Cambridge still being out there is failing. He is directly at the forefront of my brain and not likely to leave. Where is he? Where is Doctor Brandon who most likely beat up Alex and left her in front of their apartment? What else does he want? It can't be money or he would have asked for it by now. I hold my head in my hands because it is starting to throb from all my problems.

The door swings open and Grant enters. His eyes go for my legs and I snap my fingers to grab his attention. "Sorry," he mutters. "How is everything, Mrs. Calloway?" His smirk when he says Mrs. Calloway allows me to laugh and I haven't been able to in a long time.

"I am waiting for old lady Marnie to bring me the gowns in my size. I knew I needed to get married before Lulu showed up." I stand in front of the large mirror and place my hands on my waist. Post-baby number two body is not my favorite right now.

Grant's hand go to my waist and I don't mean to but I jump a little from surprise, "Don't be ridiculous", he says as he places his head in the nook of my neck, "You look fantastic. More so than the first time that I saw you."

I turn to face him and our eyes meet. I forget how his beautiful eyes can make you fall into a trance. "You think so?"

"When I met you, we just kids. Your beauty was there but now you are a mom to two wonderful kids and one of the biggest hearts that I have ever seen. Liam is so ridiculously in love with you, those hips probably help too."

I grin back at him and wrap my arms around his torso. I am so glad that we are in this amazing place now that we both decided to move on. Me with Liam and him with Ava. I missed him for moments like these when I wasn't sure of myself and he can just be here. We stand to hold each other until the door opens and I hear someone clear their throat. We both let go and see a sweet old lady from before, "I am so sorry Ms. Grey but I have the gowns now."

"Thank you, Marnie."

"I will see you out there," Grant says.

I wave him off and take a look at the selection once again, "Let's get the giant cupcake one out of the way first."

She nods along and pulls the white ball of mesh off the hanger. Opening it up to help me get it on.