The End With a Beginning

GRANT

Phoebe dancing in Liam's arms while the smooth sounds of Michael Buble playing in the background is a truly beautiful sight. Liam is still recovering but the doctor did let him go so that they could have their official wedding day. Seeing them together is something I never thought would have happened when I first met Phoebe. When I first saw her, I leaned in close to Liam and told him she was coming home with me. "Leave the girl alone Grant," he responded. Had I left her alone, then they wouldn't be together right now. There would be no Damon and Luna. Everything happens for a reason. 

The song finishes up and Christian takes Phoebe's hand to dance with her. Phoebe's long white dress starts to tangle so she gathers the ends and continues to dance. Her smile is genuine and honest which makes me peaceful knowing I shouldn't fight it anymore; Phoebe Calloway doesn't love me. Phoebe Grey did a long time ago, but not Phoebe Calloway. 

Liam sits down next to me and hands me a glass of champagne, "Beautiful isn't it?" 

"Yeah, the boathouse with fairy lights was a great idea." 

He chuckles a little and shakes his head no, "No Grant, Phoebe, and Christian." 

"They look amazing as always. I wonder who Grant will marry?" 

"I am terrified of Luna even dating at all." 

"Look at us," I say bumping his shoulder, "talking like a couple of dads."

He grins while taking a large gulp of his champagne, "I never thought we would be dads so soon, let alone from the same woman." 

"Stranger things have happened. Speaking of, when do you have to go to trial for Lincoln?" 

"There isn't a date yet but Phoebe suspects soon. Burke will clue us in." 

I have another week before Damon, Ava, and I are back on the road for the new tour. Starting in Vegas. I am so grateful Phoebe is letting me take Damon! I would really miss him if I had to be gone for six months without him. "I think Ava wants more kids." 

"Is that a bad thing?" He asks me. 

"No, I just worry I will mess up as I did with Damon." 

Right on cue, Damon runs right past us with Dean following him. He is looking like my little twin more every day. Except for his eyes, those are all Phoebe. "You'll be fine. You're much more mature now." I sure hope so. 

When the song ends, Phoebe walks over to the both of is and lends her hand for me to take. Liam tells me to go so I do and she walks me to the middle of the dance floor. You don't know me begins to play and I spin her around and then dip her quickly just like the first night we met. I could have sworn it was going to be me and her at the end of this but alas life is unexpected. I pull her back up and she giggles a little which is still the most beautiful sound behind Damon's laugh. "How are you doing?" She asks me clearly worried. 

"I'm good," and I mean that. "How are you?" 

She shrugs her shoulders, "Great. Everything feels so at ease now. Hopefully, I won't get any more stalkers trying to kill me anytime soon." 

"I am out of ex-girlfriends so you just be careful who you piss off." 

We both notice when Ava and Liam make their way onto the dance floor together. Both of them are laughing loudly and dancing awkwardly. My family is really modern and odd but lovely and wonderful all at the same time. "Liam and I found a different house. One that hasn't had anyone get shot in the backyard." 

"That's lovely. Ava and I are going to be looking for one when we get back." She grins and moves her hands to my face and kisses my chin. We are friends. We are good friends now. "Don't worry though, I won't get one right next door." 

"Good!" She screams in a joking way. 

The DJ switches the song to baby shark and Damon, Dean, and many other little ones invade the dance floor. Liam holds Luna and dances with her while Phoebe and I each hold Damon's hands and spin him around. 

I am a dad. I am a friend. I am someone who has had their heartbroken. I am someone who broke someone's heart. I made mistakes, but I would never rewrite my history because it got me to where I am today. It got me to my family and that is beautiful. 

*******************************************************************************************

THAT'S A WRAP! 

Thank you lovelies for reading the whole series. I worked hard on it but I feel like Phoebe, Liam, and Grant are all in a good place and that it is time to move on. I am happy to have told the story that I wanted to tell. I will be editing Deep Into Darkness soon but other than that, this is the end. 

xoxo Michaela