Part 15

"I'm at Brett's but please I beg you don't come looking for me. Let's both enjoy this time a part, okay? Bye" she quickly hung up she didn't want to hear what else he was about to say or else it would make her sad.

She knew she was being a little hard on both of them but that was the thing she did best. Hide from the world and act like everything was okay at all times.

Her whole body was hurting, and to her surprise she had bruises a little bit everywhere.
________________
Severide decided to leave Stella alone. He was sure of one thing he loved her, and he knew where she was even though he wasn't sure she was okay.

Three days had went by, he was missing her. No calls or text. He still wanted to know for sure she was okay, he needed to see her.

"Hey Brett!" He said catching Brett arriving at the firehouse.

"Hey Kelly, you need something?" She stopped to hear him out.

"I just wanted to know, how's Stella? I respect the fact that she didn't want me to come get her but I still don't know if she's okay. I don't how bad that whole thing hit her" he explained to Sylvie.

Sylvie got a little nervous and so she said "oh yes don't she's...she's fine!" Then she added "she just need time to think" she quickly started walking away so she wouldn't have to say more.

He knew Sylvie wasn't telling the whole truth. So he decided that no matter what Stella had told him he would go check on her after his shift. Then a call came in.

"Squad 3! Ambulance 61! Single vehicle accident"

And he was on his way to the accident. The person was trapped, doors were jammed. He quickly gave his team orders, and while they were in the process of cutting the door open the motor part of the car exploded. Putting both Severide and Cruz down. Yet they weren't really hurt, so they had to quickly remove the victim from the car.

They took the guy to the girls in ambo, but before Gabby and Brett left with the victim. Gabby saw Severide's neck.

"Hey you should come with us, your neck doesn't look good Kelly!" She told him concerned.

"Ugh okay, let's go"

It wasn't anything like Severide accepting going to MED for something that small. But yet he did go.
_______________
They treated the burn he had, and he was back at the fire house. The rest of his shift went by fast, and he was ready to head to Sylvie house. Yet he was wondering if Brett was going straight to her house.

"Brett?" He peeped her in the ambo still cleaning "you're not going home?" He asked.

"Not right away, I have to finish this plus the chief needs to talk to me"

"Oh okay well then goodbye" and he waved with a little smile.

He went to his car, and was heading to Sylvie's house. He got there and knocked.

Meanwhile Stella didn't know who was at the door. So she opened, and to her surprise it was Kelly. How was she supposed to hide now. She tried to close the door but he held it and let himself in.

"Is this why you told me to leave you alone? What happened" he was concerned.

"It's nothing" she gave him her back.

"Come on look at me, I was worried! Who did this to you?" He turned her by grabbing her by one of her arm.

"Ouch you're hurting me" even if his grip wasn't tight her arm with all the bruises still hurt, even with the slightest touch.

"I'm sorry, but please talk to me! That's all I'm asking for" he took her hand.

She let out a sigh, his face the way he looked so concerned. She couldn't hold it in any longer, so they sat and she started telling him what happened to her.

"But I'm okay really, I just didn't want you to find out. I didn't want for you to make a big deal out of it"

"You promise he didn't do anything else to you?" His eyes were ready to let out the tears it had been holding.

"He didn't!" She said softly as she held his face.

And he let out one tear, it felt so good feeling her touch again. So then he said with his voice a little shaky.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry baby, I wasn't there and it's my fault for letting you leave because of this girl and..."

"Shh it's not your fault, I left and none of us could have known this would have happened!" She reassured him with a little smile.

"But yet I'm so sorry for not being able to protect you"

He hugged her, he was like a little ball against her. And she rubbed his head to let him know everything was fine, that she was fine. Then she saw his injury.

"Did you get burn?" She asked.

"Yes but it doesn't matter, all that matters now it's you! I want to make sure you are okay, I want to care for you because i love you" he told her then remember to ask "i'm not hurting you, am I?"

"No you're not"

"Is it only your arms and face that are like this?" He wanted to know.

"Um my back is also bruised but it's nothing, I just want to enjoy this moment"

She rested her head on his, and kept rubbing the back of his head.