Mayuri's Plan

When Mikoto woke up, she had to say, this was the best thing she ever woke up to since her mother put a Gekota in her bed on Christmas morning when she was 5.

Little Lucy Misaka was sitting on top of the blankets near Mikoto's chest, staring down at Mikoto with her big electric blue eyes. "Mimmi? Are you awake now Mimmi?"

Mikoto smiled. "Hey there little sis...yeah, I'm awake.."

Little Lucy smiled and laughed, clapping her hands. "Yay! Now Mimmi can play!"

"Sorry Little L.." said Mikoto. "I'm afraid Mimmi is feeling kind of tired."

"But Mimmi just slept for a very long time!" said Little Lucy. "Mimmi can't be that tired!"

Mikoto smiled and brushed Little Lucy's hair with a hand. Little Lucy looked so much Mikoto, that had Mikoto still been her age, and if Little Lucy hadn't had such a different eye color, they could have been mistaken for identical twins..

"Mimmi took a nasty fall, so she needs to rest a bit."

"Awww!!" Little Lucy pouted. "Mimmi is sick? But that means Mimmi feels bad!"

"Oh..it's not that ba-" Mikoto began right before her little sister snuggled right up into her arm and under the blanket with her.

"Staying with Mimmi might make Mimmi feel better!" said Little Lucy cheerfuly.

Mikoto laughed and hugged Little Lucy tightly. "Okay..I guess doctor Lucy is right...maybe I will feel better."

"Hey Mimmi...ins't that Natsu's scarf?"

Mikoto felt the scarf around her neck. She had almost forgotten about it. She clutched the warm fabric, remembering her promise.....that's when she started to feel guilty....she had actually given up, that time that strange assasin known as Death Reach had pointed the gun at her forehead...she had broken that promise...

"What's wrong Mimmi?" Little Lucy asked. "Why does Mimmi look so sad?"

"It's nothing..." Mikoto said. "Do you know where your godmother is?"

"Big Lucy is out buying food, and Wendy is with her." said Little Lucy. "They said they would be back in 5 minutes..."

Mikoto nodded. "Kay..."

Suddenly, Mikoto heard a strange noise....the sound of something, bouncing in through the open window. Mikoto saw what looked like a spherical black device roll up against the back wall of Lucy's bedroom.

Mikoto's eyes widened as she saw a countdown meter on the device get smaller...and smaller...

"GET DOWN!!" MIkoto yelled grabbing her sister and activating her wings. Just before her wings could close completely over herself, the living room exploded in a massive burst of explosive flames and Mikoto felt her pajama leg tear a bit from the heat before her wings fully blocked the explosion.

Mikoto fell through the wall of the second floor and exploded into the street below, hugging little Lucy tightly.

Mikoto got up from the crater she created, her wings unfolding. "Are you okay?"

Little Lucy looked like she wasn't sure exactly what was going on, but she nodded. Mikoto looked up at the burning house then looked to the side to see none other then Death Reach walking silently up the street next to the canal, a strange looking presence in Magnolia Town.

"Lucy...I want you to go find Big Lucy and Wendy, then go find the rest of the guild.." Mikoto said. "Go! Don't look back!"

"What about Mimmi!?" Little Lucy said.