Chapter 3: Something New

The next morning I woke up, but for some reason my alarm didn't make a sound. When I open my eyes fully opened I checked the time; It was 8:45 am! SHIT! I was late for school. Why didn't anyone wake me! I grab my phone and text Cathy.

Me: THNX A lot Cat. I'm late ! -.-

I run to the bathroom and quickly wash my face. When I get back I through on a sweater (despite the heat) and leggings. The search through tons of shoes for my Uggs. Then I hear a *ding*! I run to my phone and see Cathy's name flash on my screen.

Cat: Sorry Jas! I had to leave early and Steph is with Hayes!

Me: Ugh fine okay. It's okay. See ya in a bit

I walk over to my mirror and rub eye serum under my eyes because I really look like shit. Then applied concealer and Mascara. I ran down the stairs to the kitchen. I feel my phone buzz so I answer it.

Me: "HELLO??"

Mom: "Hey Jas! We wanna see you tonight okay! Bring a date mija!"

I say "Okay" then hang up. A date? Where the hell will I get a date! My parents expect too much out of me! I sigh and grab my keys then head out the door.

*****

When I get to school, I notice Nash walking towards Ashley. Ugh what a asshole. She jumps on him while wrapping her legs around his waist. They start making out... and it's fucking disturbing! I feel a tear roll down my face but before I could wipe it, someone wipes it with their thumb. I look up and smile. My brother Jack is smiling down at me. Me and Jack are bro and sis. He's older than me by 2 years. He doesn't go to my school though. He's a singer. Him and his best friend Jack Johnson sing and rap together. They make awesome music! All my friends have a crush on my older brother and it's weird. "What's wrong Jasmine??" I turn my head towards Nash and Ashley. Jack looks over at them and tenses. "What the fuck!? Why is your boyfriend kissing that whore!?" Jack looks at me and I look up at him crying. "He broke up with me" I choke out. Jack is really mad now, he starts to walk over to Nash. "Jack please no!" I try to yell but it only comes out as a whisper. Next thing I know Nash is on the floor rubbing his jaw. "You broke my little sisters heart you ass! So I broke your fucking jaw!" Jack spats. Ashley is helping Nash up and looks at me mouthing "Imma get you bitch" I ignore her and catch up with Jack. Jack grabs me into his arms and it feels amazing and comforting. I hug back and he grazes my hair. "You'll be fine Jas, I promise" I smile at him. "Thanks Jack".

After Jack walked me to class, I sat down at my seat and I searched for Sammy. But I didn't see him. I felt someone poke my sides and I turned to see Sammy "Looking for someone" he laughed. I smiled "Yup just some weird new kid" He takes a seat "Ohh really! And is this uhm new kid cute??" He smirks at me and I can feel my cheeks heating. "I mean he's alright... not the prettiest flower in the pot" I say winking. He laughs and says "Well I'm sorry the garden isn't pretty enough" He fake cries and I can't help but giggle. Today he looked so cute. He was wearing a black t-shirt, black pants, & B/W vans. His hair styled perfectly natural. "What?" He asked. "Nothing it's just uhm Thank you" I say looking down at my paper, He chuckles, "No problem, it's not everyday a gorgeous girl falls asleep in my arms!" I laugh and start my work.

I really like this side of Sammy. He's sweet and really funny. Behind that whole 'Tough guy look' he's super sweet. Towards the end of class me and Sammy have been talking non-stop, and laughing non-stop. He's great company. By the end of class i barley got any work done. I guess I'll finish it tonight. I started gathering my things when Sammy offered to walk me to lunch. While we were walking I was hearing a lot of mumbling and laughing. "Newest couple" one girl said. "Finally Nash dumps the bitch" Another girl says laughing. The words hurt but I don't pay any attention. We enter the lunch room and right away I see Nash. He turns and I see his jaw which is red. I laugh and tell Sammy. He bursts out laughing, and I push his side to signal that he needs to be quiet. He mumbles a sorry while still laughing. At our table Cathy and Steph ask Sam a lot of questions.

"Guys I am not a bad guy! I just enjoy smoking and fighting." he shrugs. I give him a look "That's not cool. It's gross" I say rolling my eyes. "Fine you want me to stop? I will." He says patting my head. I look at him with wide eyes, "Really!? Nice haha" He takes a drink of his Arizona tea and gets up. "Where ya goin' Mr. Hot Stuff?" Cathy chimes. "Lacrosse practice!" He says happily. Cathy gives him a 'Ok' and Sammy jogs away. I continue picking at my sandwich but then throw it to side. "Going for a bit of a 'White girl' look I see!" Steph laughs. I nod my head "Noo I was cold and sad!". "Jas," Cathy says grabbing my hand, "Please don't let one idiotic boy bring you down!" I give her a lazy smile. "I'm gonna go get something out my locker, see ya guys later" I say getting up. They wave by and make my way to my locker. On the locker is a sticky note that says:

Meet me by the bleachers in 5 minutes ;)

- S

It must be from Sammy. I smile and head over to the stadium. I hear mumbling so I turn the corner. Sammy is in the hall way talking to some brunette cheerleader. She's touching his hair and flipping her stupid pretty hair around. He seems to be pushing her away. And that brings a smile on my face. She looks frustrated and whips her hair one more time while walking away angry. I laugh and Sammy notices. He smiles at me and gestures me to go to him. I walk over to him and he starts talking about going to see a movie. "Do you wanna go?" He asks, voice full of hope. I frown "I would love too but my parents are in town and want me to go to a dinner!" He frowns also "Aw well, why don't you wanna see them?" I turn away "I do but they expect me to bring a stupid date" he grabs my hands in his before saying "I'll be your date if you'd like? So your parents won't be disappointed " He looks at me with a smile. My stomach flutters and without knowing I say yes.

This shall be the start of a new friendship.