Chapter 40: Bring Him Home

We've been waiting in the parking lot for about 2 hours.

No sight of Sam nor OG. I'm starting to feel nervous. I would go and look but I have no idea where they are.

I look in the back seat towards Lori, she's fiddling with her bottle. I smile at her and she looks to me.

Her smile grows as I maneuver to the back seat, settling next to her car seat.

"Your daddy should be coming love" I say caressing her hair. She looks up at me and brings her hand to my cheek. She studies me awhile then frowns.

I feel she knows I'm not happy...

"I'm fine love." I say with a reassuring smile.

Her head tilts to the side as if knowing what I'm saying.

I sit against the seat looking out the front window.

"Daddy." Lori says.

I chuckle, "No baby, daddy isn't here."

She points out the window to Sam and Og walking towards the car. "Oh my god!" I say, I grab Lori out of her seat then run over to Sam.

I jump in his arms and he hugs me and they baby tight. "I'm so sorry Sam!" He shushes me, kisses my forehead then the baby's.

"Sam, I thought -I thought you-" I say crying.

He chuckles lightly, "I'm fine, I'm fine. Thanks to this guy.."

OG is standing awkwardly a few feet away.

I smile and walk towards Oscar , "Thank Oscar." I hug his waist.

"Its no problem Jasmine." He breathes hugging me back.

I turn back to Sam and take his hand in mine. He smiles down at me and we walk to my car.

"I'll drive babe." Sam sats taking the keys. I nod strapping Lori in her seat.

He starts the car, and drives down the road.

I stare at his face as he concentrates on the road. His cheek bone is bruised and his nuckles have dried blood. I trail down his side; he's holding his rib cage. "Sam?" I question.

"Hmm?" He says, eyes still on the road. I bring my hand to his thigh, "Are you okay?"

His eyebrows raise up slightly, "I was kicked in my rib cage Jasmine. Its nothing."

I sit up, "Pull the car over."

He shakes his head disagreeing.

"Sam!" I say now annoyed. He groans loud and pulls the car over to the side.

I jump out walking around to the drivers side, "Lemme see.." He unbuckles his self and lifts his shirt.

"Oh my god, Sam. We need to get you to hospital." I say. His whole upper chest is swollen and purple.

"No. No hospitals." He says pulling his shirt down.

He flinches from my touch on his face. I rub my thumb from the side of his eye to his lips. They're chapped.

"Who- Who did this to you Sammy?" I ask. He looks to the floor board, "His name is Felix."

Wait what. But, He was the one who helped me. Why didn't Oscar tell me this?

"Are you sure?" I ask in disbelief.

Sam nods, "When OG came he said "Felix let him go." Jasmine I wouldn't lie about this."

I sigh.

Sam eyes me a couple more secinds before speaking, "Get in the car, we need to go home."

I walk around to the other side, sitting in my seat.

He starts the car and begins driving.

AUTHORS NOTE:

EYYOOO! SORRY THIS WAS SO SHORT!

I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS BOOK AS MUCH AS I AM WRITING IT!

STAY LOVELY! ^~^

- Jasmine