Chapter 29: Two Types Of Proposal

• Dedicated to Cathy Brown

We're about 1 week into the vacation and Sam has officially went back home. It's only me, Kenny, Cathy, and Shawn. It's actually been quite awkward. No one really talks to each other, at all. tonight we're are all going to dinner downstairs.

"Hey you almost ready?" Kenny asks. I walk out the room wearing purple knee length dress and black high heels. "Nice." Kenny says under his breath. I smile and his attire, black slacks and a dress shirt with a tie. He walk side by side out the the elevator to meet Cathy and Shawn. 

Cathy and Shawn wait at the elevator, Shawn's dressed in black slacks, a black dress shirt and white tie. Cathy stands next to him in a long flowing white dress with black wedge heels. "You look beautiful!" I say hugging Cathy and she blushes. We laugh walking down the steps to the diner room. 

We all sit at the table awaiting a waiter. I hear a couple rings from my phone so grab it quickly hoping its Sam. "Hello?" I ask and Sam's voice is on the other line, "Hey, Lori wanted to hear your voice.." I smile. "Oh really? Did she say that?" I ask. "She misses you." He says laughing. I smile knowing he wasn't only talking about him missing me, Plus Lori can't speak; I guess he got over it. "what are you doing?" He asks. I clear my throat, "Uhm we are out at dinner. I'll call you later Sam." He sighs and hangs up. "I love you." i mumble before throwing my phone back in my bag. I Set my hands back on the table and Kenny moves his hand to mine looking at me, "You okay?" I shrug, "I have been better." He smiles lightly and orders steaks for everyone. Shawn orders a little dessert for Cathy and she sets it to the side. Shawn winks to me like he has something planned and I giggle. 

Everyone starts eating and we talk about Shawn and his new career in singing. Kenny describes that he's starting singing and wants to get signed soon. He writes his own songs and posts them on that 'Vine' app. My brother and Jack are making tons of music. I heard Nate will be joining them in one called 'Like That'. "What about you Jas? We heard you can sing and dance." Shawn asks. I laugh, "Oh yeah but I have a baby. No time for fun and games anymore." Shawn nods, "Yes that's really true. " I smile and continue eating and so do the others."What did Sammy say?" Kenny asks breaking the silence. "He misses me...and Lori." I simply answer. Kenny looks to his food, "Oh.. That's cool I guess." I kind of feel bad for him, I bet he thought I'd leave Sam for him. I could never, or would never. This is the first time I fucked up. "I'm-" I start but Cathy squeals I and look to her. She's holding a diamond ring and Shawn gets up and then gets down on one knee. "Cathy, you would make me the happiest person in the universe if you married me. So will you marry me?" he lets out smiling wide. She jumps on him kissing him deeply, "Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes! A billion 'yes's' Shawn!" He hugs her and they kiss once more as everyone around them claps loud and cheers. "Congrats!" I say standing to my feet and she comes around the table to hug me. Shawn cleans the ring off then slips it on her finger as she smiles big. We all take a seat and eat our dessert to finish the night.

* In The Hotel room *

I walk back to my hotel and slip the card in the slot. I open the door kicking my shoes off. I flop down on my bed and sigh. "I should take a shower." I say to myself getting up. I make my way to the shower letting the hot water fill the oversized tub. I strip and step in, t water calms my nerves. There's a little bottle next to the wine labeled the 'Lavender' so I put couple drops in the water. the smell fills my nose and I sit back relaxed. i open my eyes few minutes later to pour glass of wine for myself. 

I take sip and I runs down my throat soothing my every pain. "I really need to do this more often." I say laughing to myself. My phone starts to ring and I answer it, "Hello.." I say and Sam starts talking fast, "You love me right? So this is my proposal!" He seems drunk, "Sam you okay/" He ignores me and speaks again, "I trust that you will never and I mean ever fuck around with Kenny again." I smile, "Of course not Sammy." He breathes out in relief, "Okay good I love you an like come home soon please Lori is non-stop crying. " He begs through the phone and I laugh and tears fall down my face, "Okay baby." 

"Are you crying? Why are you sad?" He says voice full of concern. "I'm happy Sam." He laughs, "Good I love you and see you soon." and with that he hangs up. I haven't been sleeping good lately and tonight I will be sleeping just fine. 

I get out the tub and dry off wrapping another towel around my body walking to the bed. I lay under the covers with only a towel and falling asleep.