Leads

The ailis brought up nothing apart from the credit card used to rent the car but it wasn't used again. The name had not been used elsewhere. The background search into my dad's crash was only bringing up uncomfortable memories.

"Do you want to be placed on another team. I'm not sure what else the search into your father is going to turn up but it's probably going to be unpleasant. A lot of untrue things were said about your father." Gibbs asks me.

I looked up at him weighing up my two options, I could either stay on the team and learn what really happened once and for all or I could move teams to avoid confrontation and triggers but forever be in the dark about what my father really did.

"I would like to stay on the team, focusing my efforts on the current case only." I tell him.

"You can move at any time." Gibbs reassures me.

"Thank you." I reply

"Gibbs, new leads --" Tony says trailing off as he spots me after walking into the bull pen.

"It's fine." Gibbs tells him.

"The Victim, Hayley Kingly had a younger brother Nate Kingly. Went off the rails after he learned about what happened to his sister he was only 10 at the time she died. He has not been seen by his parents for at couple of weeks." Tony informs us.

"any connections with our current victim, Ashley Harrow?" I ask.

"None as of yet but she could have been a random target because she matched the profile." Tony replies.

"Right, Megan you look into any possible connection between the two of them, try and find places they went in the days leading up to her death and look for each other there. Tony continue looking into the old case." Gibbs told us as he tapped away at his computer.

I continued to look into the current case, I started using CCTV cameras from the streets around their houses. I managed to use a venn diagram type thing on the computer to see the area they would mostly have overlapped. McGee would probably explain it much better than that but I guess you know what I mean.

It takes a while before I get any results but I do see Nate going into the same Grocery store every day for a week and then it isn't until another week until he goes again. I analyse every time he was at the store.

Monday: Arrives 10:32, Is inside for 20 minutes and comes out with 3 bag.

Tuesday: Arrives 15:05, is inside for an hour and comes out with 1 bag.

Wednesday: Arrives 9:45, is inside for 30 minutes and come out with nothing. Proceeded to hang around nearby for 20 minutes and then leaves.

Thursday: Arrives 13:28, is inside for 10 minutes comes out with nothing and proceeded to hang around outside for half an hour and then is seen following a red SUV.

Friday: Arrives 18:35, is inside for 15 minutes, is seen leaving just after a girl wearing a hood who he talks to in the parking lot.

I show Gibbs my findings and obviously we decided to make the girl in the parking lot our priority. I start running the number plate from her car through the database hoping to get a match that way but I also take the video down to Abby to see if she can measure the approximate height and weight of the girl so we can match it to the victim.

Finally we have a lead if a sketchy one at that. I sit 'working' with Abby for a while, I say it like that because we probably talked more than we did work but it was nice to have a laugh with her again, I feel like we haven't talked that much in forever.

"Good chat Abs but I better get back upstairs and see how the case is going." I say before getting up.

"Come back soon." Abby says before hugging me.

I leave the lab and go back up to the bull pen where Tim, Tony and Gibbs are standing round talking. I sit down at y desk and try and focus on the work I am supposed to be doing but I can still hear them talking about my father. They are discussing the details of the crash. I take my headphones from my desk and plug them into my computer pretending Its for work and then play music to drown out the talking.

The Licence plate has pinged up as a Miss Rebecca Henley I have been delving into her background to find any connections with the victim but I can't find anything. After talking with the team Gibbs decided that Me and Tony should go and talk to Rebecca to see if she knew anything about this man.