Chapter 7: A Desperate Sitiuation

(This chapter is going to be entirely in Katie's POV.)

     I nervously paced the living room floor. I didn't know what to do. Avery suddenly disappeared, and I don't know where. Thomas kept checking in to see if I was ok. He was concerned. I could tell. It was worrying our other dogs as well.
     It was the start of a new day. And still no sign of Avery. We kept calling people we knew to see if they had seen him. Each and every one of them said they hadn't. I sat down defeated. I looked over to Avery's food and water bowl. It made me tear up. "Oh Avery." I had already sent the kids off to school which made this place seem even quieter than it already was.
     I drove to the dog park hoping to at least see if he was still there. But he wasn't. I saw many other dogs but no Avery. I kept looking around until I drove back home.
     I got back in the house and thought for a moment. What can I do to at least help in my searching for Avery? Lightbulb. I ran to my computer. I figured I was gonna make flyers to put up so people would take notice. I uploaded a picture of Avery to a document then wrote under it in bold print: HAVE YOU SEEN THIS DOG? IF FOUND, PLEASE CALL THIS NUMBER: 625-8973.
     That should do it. I printed out a lot of them and went back out putting them up around town. Hopefully now people would see and would know to start looking. They would see how desperate we were to find him. I settled back down as I waited for Thomas to get back from work and the kids to get back from school.
     A few hours later Danny and Makayla came home on the bus. "How was your day?" I asked. "Wonderful!" said Danny. Then Thomas came home. "Honey I'm home!" he said as he walked through the door. "Welcome home!" I said going over and kissing his cheek. Thomas smiled. "So anything happen while I was away?" "I was looking around for Avery again, and I thought of putting up flyers asking people if they'd seen Avery and if they had to call my number." "That is a great idea honey!" Thomas beamed. "Thank you." I surely hope it was. Maybe we would get a call soon. Very soon.