Chapter 16: The Fluffybean and the Teddy Bear

More time went by. I was playing around with Night. It was dusk out, and I knew Dad wouldn't want me gone that long. "Aww I have to go. It's getting late out." "Why?" Night asked. "Because my dad doesn't want me staying up past dusk." "Oh." "Bye." I ran back to my den. Little did I know that I was being followed.
     I went inside. "Dad," I called. He looked over. "Welcome home, Son," he said with a smile on his face. He had gone out to get us dinner, and I immediately dug in. After a while, nighttime fell, and I waited for my dad to fall asleep. I went out and sniffed around. I walked towards the lake and dipped a paw in. The water was very cold. I dipped my head low to get a drink.
     After a while I went on another walk around town. I didn't see any of those weird walking stick figures they call humans. I explored for a while when I heard footsteps behind me. I got spooked and jumped turning around. I get so easily scared nowadays. I looked over to see that it was only Night. "Oh hello." "Hello." "What are you doing here?" "Nothing. Just wondering. Do you wanna go for a walk?" "Sure!" I said as I followed him.
     We were walking and came across an old couch. I jumped on it. It felt pretty comfortable, so I laid down. I felt Night lay down next to me. I yawned and stretched. "Do you have any nicknames?" "Yeah. My friends call me Fluffybean. What about you?" "I don't have one yet." "I got a perfect one for you. I'll call you...Teddy Bear!" I giggled. Night smiled. So we fell asleep. I laid my head close to Night's or Teddy Bear's. *giggle*