Chapter 29: Joking Around

[Avery's POV]
     I was walking down the street on my way to my Uncle Roddy and my Uncle Rabby's doghouse. I go to visit every so often. Make that a lot actually. Mostly because Roddy loves to tell jokes, and they're really funny. I told the others I was gonna go visit them, and Amycus had the best response. He said: "He's gonna poison you with his jokes." I had laughed and responded with this: "But it's the good poison. The poison that makes you laugh." Amycus had snorted back laughter, and I almost thought I could see a small smile, but there still wasn't one. One of these days I will get him to smile or laugh.
     Anyways, I walked down the street towards the doghouse. They had their door closed. Were they busy doing something? I giggled at the thought. I walked up. "Knock knock," I said. "Who's there?" came Roddy's voice. "It's the pizza man," I said, giggling. Roddy soon opened the door. "Oh. Howdy Avery. Where's the pizza man?" I laughed. "It was a joke," I laughed. "Oh. Hey Rabby. Avery's here, and he already told a joke." "He beat you?" "Apparently so." I followed Roddy inside.
     I looked over at Rabby laying on the couch. "Uncle Rabby!" I went over and hugged him. "Howdy Avery," he said, chuckling. "Hey. That's my line," Roddy giggled. "Is it? Oops." I giggled. "Avery. Rabby stole my line," Roddy said. "Yay! Good job!" Rabby giggled. "Hey," Roddy smiled. "Hey Roddy. Do you have a story?" "Sure. Once upon a time, I told a joke, and everyone laughed. The end." I laughed.
     Rabby looked at Roddy. "Great story." "Thank you! I worked hard on that one." "Hey Roddy. I got a joke." "Cool. Let's hear it." "What is fluffy and looks like a cloud?" "Hmm. I don't know. What is it?" I rolled over on my back. "Me!" Roddy laughed. "Good one, Avery." I giggled. "Hey Rabby," Roddy said, looking at Rabby. "Hm?" "You got a Roman nose." Rabby tilted his head. "I do?" "Yeah. It's Roman all over your face." Rabby laughed. "Already spilling out those dad jokes aren't you?" "Yep." "Yeah. All they need back at the trailer is for Avery to come home telling dad jokes."
     "Mind if I stay the night?" I asked Rabby. "No Nott at all." "Yay!" I spent most of the day joking around with Roddy while Rabby just smiled and shook his head. I then laid down on the couch and yawned. All this joking around really makes you tired. Roddy had grabbed an extra blanket and put it around me as he jumped up on the couch snuggling next to Rabby. I giggled. Now I want snuggles too. I went over and snuggled next to Roddy. He giggled. I then closed my eyes and fell asleep.