Chapter 6: ........Yet So Far Away

[Avery's POV]
     I whined. I didn't know where I was. What am I doing here? Who is this woman? I looked at her other dogs and yelped. They were huge compared to me. I saw the woman leave the room. "Aww the poor thing. He must be so scared," I heard one of the dogs say. "Yeah. You're right, Sylvia," I heard the other dog say. "Mom. Dad. Holly. Brownie. Where are you?" I whimpered. "Did you get lost sweetie?" Sylvia asked me. "Y-yes. I was separated from my family." "Aww don't worry. Our owner will take good care of you until she finds them. Won't we Hunter?" She turned to her friend. "Yes of course. You have nothing to worry little one. But first of all, what's your name?" Hunter asked. "A-Avery." "What a nice name."
     They kept me company as the woman returned to the room with food and water. "Here you go," she said setting them down for me. I got off the couch and went over to eat. "You must've been hungry weren't you?" Sylvia asked. I looked up. "A little bit." I was starting to grow more comfortable around them, but I wasn't sure whether to trust these dogs and their human yet. I finished eating and jumped back on the couch to go to sleep as dusk settled in.

                   [Katie's POV]
     I called around to see if anybody had seen Avery. No such luck. Not one of them has seen him. That made me anxious. I sat down and gave up for the night. Hopefully someone found him and was taking care of him until we found him. I got ready for bed after putting Danny and Makayla to bed and climbed in bed with Thomas. "I hope he's ok," I wondered. "I'm sure he's fine," Thomas reassured.