Chapter 4: Recuperation

It was quick on the way home. I laid my ears back whining and whimpering. Katie got out of the car and picked me up carrying me inside and putting me on my little bed. My parents came over and licked my forehead. "Don't worry son, you'll be ok," my mother said. I sneezed laying head down to go to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of Katie calling us to dinner. I went over, and I saw here mixing in the medication with my food. "Now eat up Avery. This'll help your allergies," she told me as she set my bowl down in front of me. I ate pretty quickly being very hungry. I then grew tired very quickly. I went over to my bed only to be stopped by Holly. "Don't you wanna play Avery?" she asked me. "No. I'm not in the mood," I replied yawning and laying down. "Holly let him sleep he's sick," my mother said. I closed my eyes.

I had a dream. It was a pretty dark dream. I woke up to hear screaming. I ran over to see what was going on. I saw my father dead on the ground. My mother was sitting next to him devastated. "Mom what's wrong?" I asked. "Your father died suddenly," she said. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I screamed, and I felt myself wake up with a snap. I don't know what kind of dream that was, but it wasn't good. I sniffled and cried. "What's wrong?" asked my mother. "I had a bad dream," I said sniffling. "Aww sweetie. It's ok. It's just a dream," she said reassuringly. She curled up around me and licked my forehead. I laid my head on her stomach and fell asleep.

  *3 days later*

Three days have passed since I had my allergies. Katie made sure I took my medicine until I was all better. I got up and ran around chasing after Holly and Brownie. We laughed as we played around. I giggled as I hid behind the dinner table. "Haha found you," Holly giggled. "oh darn," I said as Holly tagged me. We kept playing until it was bedtime. We laid down to go to sleep.

(I thought maybe I'd put a little picture in here for you guys, so here it is! :3)