00

Back then

Jyn's cell phone rang like a chime, so she finally gave up and turned it off. Had to. The New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, Daily News and the own boss of the New York Post. It was a nightmare. So far, thank God, it had only been the newspapers, but tomorrow it will be all the news channels. Everyone will want this story. Exclusively, of course. If it were up to her, it wouldn't be different, but since it concerned her herself..... no. The only question was how many would eventually connect him to Jyn. Stupid question that didn't take ten minutes of research. Thank you brother-heart, you did everything right. If you want to ruin your life, please, gladly, but don't drag others into the depths of the abyss or drag them into your decisions.

As if spellbound with the TV control in his hand, Jyn sat down on the edge of the sofa, hit her right leg over her left, followed the news and crossed her arms over her thigh. From now on, nothing will ever be the same again. One more time. The first time she could get used to the new circumstances relatively quickly only now. This time it was something else. The family name was with today a so-called 'black spot'. Not all days are evening yet.... and a morning will surely come.... it came anyway no matter what will happen.... so it doesn't have to get so bad at all.... Or? Or? Oh what was she deluding herself? Of course tomorrow would become worse. Much worse. Nevertheless there was one positive thing. She hasn't had that name for years and never will again.

So brother heart. So today had been the last day of the rest of our lives. Thank you very much. So it was the first day of the rest of our 'quiet' life. The rest of our life started today. How long this rest will be is unfortunately completely unclear. Today this could already be - which is completely unlikely - and everything would be over very quickly.

One day we will meet again. Not too soon. But one beautiful day. I won't reproach you then and I won't need an explanation, because it was your life, not mine.