32

༺═────────────═༻

Whatever that place Jyn just got to see, it was neither Titan nor any other planet that usually seemed to have life. As on Titan, however, the landscape resembled an endless desert without all the garbage, wreckage, or remains of an extinct civilization.

A sky dipped in purple on the horizon and a planet that was pushed in front of something bright pink, giving the impression that the sphere was on fire. Even though pink was one of the worst and ghastliest colors ever, you couldn't say anything else at the sight than that it was beautiful... the purple and the surrounding area to thank.

And in front of her, after kilometres straight through the desert, a huge mountain stretched before her eyes and what do mountains remind her of, standing in nowhere and in a gloomy landscape? Right, at Tolkien's Mount Doom. Whatever this mountain played, it was definitely not good.

"The stone should really be better up there," warning or threat, clearly Jyn could classify it, but she didn't need that either, since it came down to the same thing, "For your sister's sake."

Threat. Definitely threat. Well, that made it clear it wasn't a well-meaning warning. Until then, Jyn hadn't noticed that she hadn't been alone, but that a woman with green skin was with her.

Arriving at the foot of the mountain, they were received by a figure in a fluttering black cape, whose face was additionally covered by a hood. No. No. Jyn did not comment on that. That was too easy..... Dementor. Just like a dementor. A shredded cape and a hood, which made you think the figure had no head. Pretty sad the sight of it.

"Welcome Thanos, son of A'Lars," the hotter voice in the cape, who clearly smoked too much, said, "Gamora, daughter of Thanos."

"You know us?", Thanos replied coolly and a first shiver ran across Jyn's back, because Gamora stood here by Thanos's side, the woman who was looking for the idiot troop, but was no longer at his side when Thanos appeared on Titan.

"It is my curse to know anyone who comes here," said the figure, whose identity was more than important, keeping secret.

"Where is the Soulstone?" Titan hadn't come for anything else after all.

"You should know he's charging a terrible price," but Jyn heard her say that she was ready, but the figure in the cape was anything but convinced, and now that she was getting closer and closer, you could see Red Skull's face, "We all think that first...... And we are all mistaken."

When we reached the summit, there were two columns that rose a good hundred meters into the air. And as far as the weather was concerned, dark blue clouds came up and turned the beautiful landscape into a field of mourning. By the way, didn't Rogers claim that Red Skull was dead? It was probably nothing, someone was clearly too stupid to do his job right.

When asked how it came that the not so dead Red Skull knew this place so well, his answer was that he himself was looking for the stones eternity ago. Oh, what a miracle. What a miracle that might be for everyone. But..... wait, wait, wait...... in his time it wasn't just the Tesseract that was known? Well, then Leather Face just knew about all six stones, which didn't make any difference, since he didn't have a single one. But he held one in his hand, which sounded more than ridiculous compared to Thano's current state of the art. Holding in the hand to own three. Yes, Red Skull clearly won and the fact that the cube rejected him didn't make it any better. And people were afraid of that? A stock market crash is clearly more frightening than this red dementor.

Long speech, short sense and without the whole blabla. The Tesseract banished Red Skull to this place in order to lead others to a treasure he could not possess himself. What Thanos was looking for, according to Leather Face, should lie directly in front of him, as well as what Titan feared. But more than one cliff was not in front of Jyn and it went quite far down.

"What's that?", Gamora asked what interested Jyn as well, because it could mean anything.

"The price. The Soulstone has a special place among the Infinity Stones," Red Skull couldn't answer it any more cryptically and mysteriously, since time didn't matter how it looked, "You could say he possesses a certain wisdom."

"Tell me what is necessary", better than Thanos one could not express it, so that Red Skull finally got to the point.

"To ensure that its wearer understands its power, the stone requires a sacrifice", what a surprise number two, because if it'd been easy, Red Skull wouldn't be stinking up here.

And what one, was rather the question that Thanos interested victims alone never sounded good. To win the stone, you must lose what you love, according to Red Skull, a soul for a soul. Gamora then only began to laugh, which resulted in no senses.

"All my life I have dreamed of one day, one moment when you get what you deserve. And I was always so disappointed, but now.... You kill and torture, but then you call mercy", another person on the long list of people who do not have a good relationship with or have problems with their father, "The universe has condemned you. You asked it for a price and it said no to you. You have failed. And, do you want to know why? You just don't love anything. Nobody...... Really? Tears".

Thus it was clear or clarified why Gamora belonged to these hollow pears, because everyone else would have listened attentively to the words of Red Skull, not for his own sake, and would have understood much earlier what his own role here, in the case of Gamora, is. It should have been clear in his own words alone. Thanos had already ignored his fate once, but he could not do it a second time. Not even for Gamora. Before Thanos got his chance, Gamora wanted to kill herself, but the attempt went wrong, because the knife in her hand became dozens of water bubbles. The next moment, Jyn felt a thin arm of her hand; a hand trying to free itself, but it didn't help, Gamora was thrown over the abyss.

Grief. Pain. Loss.

In the red light of the sickle in the sky, Thanos took his hand out of the water in which he knelt, and with it, the orange-colored Infinity Stone.

༺═────────────═༻

Power can only be innocent.