16

Good isn't good enough. Your claim should be to be better. As long as being better is possible and always is, your task is to be better than everyone else, to grow beyond your limits and not be satisfied with what you have achieved so far.

Seven and a half million was worth her head, which Jyn had learned after three and a half weeks, but only in the living state. There were six million dead. One and a half million sounds like a lot of money, but those people only see such a sum as interest or pocket money. So why stress about delivering a person alive when it was easier to kill the target and have the certainty that the person can't escape.

However, Jyn didn't yet know who her head was out of, and nineteen weeks had passed in which she was under the wings of the dead man. One of her first tasks was to find out his middle-class name. In addition she had to learn how to move unnoticed in a crowd of people or how to disappear in it before everyone's eyes. For fun, she had unfortunately said, like a ninja, and got directly a damper whether she took this seriously at all. Normally Jyn would have said he shouldn't do this, but learning to keep his mouth shut was also part of it. Of all the things she had to learn, keeping her mouth shut was one of the most difficult because it didn't fit her character.

The following week, after her beginning, after hours of searching and digging, various newspaper articles fell into her hands, as well as two police files, and from then on it took 'only' more days for Jyn to come across the name Aaron Conner. Ba da boom. Maybe it was also a few files from the residents' registration office, birth certificates and driver's licenses that she had not obtained in such a legal way. In the end, however, nobody asks for the way, because nobody is interested, only the result.

If this procedure alone was not exhausting enough up to now, the handling of weapons had to be added as well. Back then, when Jyn had thought about the dead man, she had imagined the whole thing to be easier. Much easier. A little training there, a little here and not that it was a complete change of life. A small perhaps but not so huge.

One advantage that Jyn could gain from all the training was that there were new rules and they had nothing to do with Aaron Conners program. Now that she wasn't considered an ordinary person any more, she had to accept it somehow and process it to a certain extent before she could take advantage of it. If you could put it that way. Whatever had happened to her, something that couldn't have come from the earth had made it happen. And there was no stone called Resurrection Stone. Harry Potter is also just a story..... like aliens...... There were no aliens at all...... to New York. Then suddenly there were aliens. From this day on, the Freakshow began. Beings titled as gods; malignant AI's and Hydra experiments. The world became a freak show. How Jyn missed the times when the only evil was just politicians, war dogs, terrorists and dictators.

Nineteen weeks later

The nights became day, so it was almost normal for Jyn to wake up when the sun was high up in the sky. As it was the case today, with a small deviation from the usual order.

Abruptly, Jyn sat upright on the couch on which she had fallen asleep after coming home around half past three in the morning, just wanting to rest for a moment and falling asleep not five minutes later.

"Enviable," said the almost colorless figure just a few steps away from the sofa, which Jyn was not entirely unfamiliar with, whereby only his appearance and the form of his presence had a highly unpleasant background, "The magician's mistress. In this respect, it might have been enviable to have been in his place."