34

A consequence of the impacting meteorites was that the gravitation of Titan did not exist any more for the time being and such an enormously strong pressure wave developed, by which all persons as well as loose rock fragments were hurled into the air.

No problem for someone like Parker, who could swing through the area as well as for Tony and Quill or Stephen, since they were able to fly but for the rest, it was a rather unpleasant situation to just be catapulted into the air without knowing what it looked like with the landing. It always went down. Nobody had to worry about that just with the landing on the ground, it was difficult. If you didn't go there before, thanks to the flying space stones.

Those who could be rescued by Parker were Mantis and Drax, and with them all were safe, who had such a small problem, which called itself dying. It looked a little different with Jyn, because she wasn't in any range except that of Thanos and she didn't want to land near him, for many reasons.

"What happens when you break your neck when you land?", it cracked in her shoulder when Quill grabbed Jyn's arm and flew her past the scaffold she was planning to land on, "Will you die then?"

"This is a joke?", no, that's not why Jyn dropped her shoulder and looked up at Quill, who was heading for a free landing area, "I was missing almost my entire face and with a shot gun they shot me through the top of my skull, so I guess a break in the axis or a rupture of the cross-band won't be much different. Let's call it 'The Curse of the Aztec Gods' or in short, Pirates of the Caribbean."

"What do Aztec gods have to do in the Caribbean?", hovering two meters above the ground, Jyn let herself fall down, circled several times with her shoulder, until it cracked again and was thus re-hatched and nodded gratefully for the help, after Quill stood in front of her on earth, "Good, new plan. You're dead, very good, then you take care of Thanos and as soon as he's distracted, I'll flatten him."

"Nobody gets 'flattened' here. It's not about taking control of the whole universe or enslaving all lives", Jyn Quill denied the unfinished plan directly and raised both hands, "It's about making life possible without torment or hunger. The how, his way, is only the problem, not him. Which monster, as you call him, keeps his words and even his promises?"

"He has.....", Quill began, but he could not formulate a whole sentence, sniffing in between and pointing with his weapon in the direction where Stephen was with Thanos, "He has..."

".... Mistakes made. Yes, he did. Like every other one of us did or the things you can't be proud of. I helped start a war in Mexico," concluded Jyn Quill, no matter what the hollow bulb wanted to say, and shrugged his shoulders, "What should I do now? Howl?! What does this change? Nothing. First point Quill. Feelings and emotions have nothing to do with a job. Your personal feelings let you make irrational decisions and something like logical thinking about your situation no longer exists. You don't kill him, I'll see to that."

"You're really on the side of that monster," the gun pointed at Jyn, but she just started smiling, licked her lips and pointed her index finger to the side, as several needles were floating to the right and left of Quill's head and all the tips were starting to sparkle, "Well, now we're in a dead end."

"Honey, you're the only one who thinks so," at the crossroads they both certainly weren't, for Jyn didn't grab his weapon as Quill had expected, but his arm directly, twisted him until he started to crack loudly, struck her elbow against his neck and sat on his shoulder with her knees, where she strangled off the air until Quill stepped away, "And you call yourself a god. Ridiculous. You have no idea who I am."

Gradually Quill went to the ground with Jyn on his shoulders, and then she stood snorting on the orange coloured sand and Quill made herself comfortable on the sandy surface. Sleep well. So the fool could at least not do any further damage, which was much more devastating than the previous ones.

Seconds passed in which Jyn looked at the unconscious Quill below her, then suddenly she folded her forehead and, squatting, laid a hand on his head. If the guy wouldn't open his mouth, he would be cute, but as his previous actions proved, stupidity outweighed everything. Simply everything.

Getting into Quill's head and tapping into his memories had been much easier and went far faster than Thanos, but that didn't make it any better. >Be glad that you're just unconscious and I didn't kill you.< What she found was the reason why the Thanos project failed. This idiot had started hitting the Titan while Parker and Tony were pulling the glove from his hand. Even Tony couldn't stop Quill in the end, no matter how hard he tried and tried to hit the Titans and it was only inches that separated Parker from the target because the glove was as good as off but Thanos woke up. This hollow bulb had sealed its downfall